Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE: 44L Double Breasted Chalkstripe Flannel Suit, 2 pairs of trousers, Made in England

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
I thought this would interest a few of you on here...selling reluctantly because I just never get the chance to wear this anymore. Very 'retro' 40s inspired design on this piece!

It's a fabulous double breasted flannel suit made by Cheshire Bespoke, one of the very last factories in the UK making quality tailoring. These were sold by Marks & Spencer as part of their Best of British range at a small handful of their flagship stores. The quality is absolutely superb - this cost me nearly £1000 for the jacket and both sets of trousers.

• Jacket is 6x2 Double Breasted. Classic Savile Row style - moderately structured shoulders, dark horn buttons, flapped pockets with ticket pocket. Double vents at the rear. Wide peak lapels.
  • Trousers are flat front, with chunky turn up at the hem. Side adjusters and brace buttons - no belt loops.
  • Cloth is a medium weight charcoal grey chalk stripe flannel by J.H. Clissold’s of Yorkshire.

Approx Measurements

Jacket: tagged 42L but I had this let out professionally by a tailor, so it’s more of a 44L now.
  • Pit to pit is 22.75 inches.
  • Jacket length from base of collar to hem is 31.5 inches.
  • Across shoulders 19 inches.
  • Sleeve length from shoulder 27 inches approx.

Condition:
  • Jacket and trousers are in great used condition. Small professionally done repair to seat of trousers shown in last photos. I had the crotch reinforced between legs also.
  • Second pair of trousers are brand new and unworn, still with tags attached.

Price is £199 shipped in the UK. Link to eBay listing is here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253943570937

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Yes - can't believe I missed that. I'm at work but will double check when back home this evening.

From memory, it will be about 39 waist with 32.5 inch inseam.

I should point out, that will be for the worn pair of trousers - I had them altered. The new pair will be closer to tagged size (38x33). They're unworn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ