Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE... 7 3/8 LO Western, 100% beaver, black

Yahoody

One Too Many
5.5" open crown, on a modified dome (rather squared off dome). 4.5" brim, back half with a small pencil curl. Tight 23 5/8". I wear something between a 7 3/8 and under a 7 1/2 with a long, long oval. This hat is just starting to mold to a perfect fit. With some steam it will do so for anyone else in the 7 3/8 LO range. Color is rich, velvet black in color. Open crown, slight flip on the brim. Real beaver is wonderful to shape and work with.

Quality leather sweat band with my name in it and labeled 50X from Jaxonbilt hats. Their 50X body is a 100% beaver from Winchester. This is a hat I built in the Jaxonbilt hat class a couple of weeks ago @ the end of Jan '18. Pounced/sanded to 600 grit and it was an exceptional hat body to start with. One glaring fault. I punched hole in the back right side of he hat body that is smaller than and is covered by the 1" black leather hat band with a sliver plated concho. Likely most would never notice. Tear was repaired in class.

It is a nice hat just not a big enough brim for my liking. $150. and I'll ship it in a hat box any where in the CONUS. Here is a chance to get a really nice 100% beaver hat, that can use some TLC, for not a lot of money.

Pouncing the blank

Hat, no band

Hand sewn sweat band

close up of the tear

a distant shot of the tear

Burning the hat! Yes, it is intentional :)

Kiowa Bill

One of the Regulars
5.5" open crown, on a modified dome (rather squared off dome). 4.5" brim, back half with a small pencil curl. Tight 23 5/8". I wear something between a 7 3/8 and under a 7 1/2 with a long, long oval. This hat is just starting to mold to a perfect fit. With some steam it will do so for anyone else in the 7 3/8 LO range. Color is rich, velvet black in color. Open crown, slight flip on the brim. Real beaver is wonderful to shape and work with.

Quality leather sweat band with my name in it and labeled 50X from Jaxonbilt hats. Their 50X body is a 100% beaver from Winchester. This is a hat I built in the Jaxonbilt hat class a couple of weeks ago @ the end of Jan '18. Pounced/sanded to 600 grit and it was an exceptional hat body to start with. One glaring fault. I punched hole in the back right side of he hat body that is smaller than and is covered by the 1" black leather hat band with a sliver plated concho. Likely most would never notice. Tear was repaired in class.

It is a nice hat just not a big enough brim for my liking. $150. and I'll ship it in a hat box any where in the CONUS. Here is a chance to get a really nice 100% beaver hat, that can use some TLC, for not a lot of money.

Pouncing the blank

Hat, no band

Hand sewn sweat band

close up of the tear

a distant shot of the tear

Burning the hat! Yes, it is intentional :)

Looks great,. But I'm between 7 1/8 and 1/4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk