Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Aero ANJ3 Labelled 42", fits like 40"

Edward

Bartender
I have for sale a very nice goatskin Aero ANJ-3 which unfortunately is just too small to fit me. It is labelled as a size 42, but by comparison to my Aero AN6552, also labelled a 42, it feels more like a 40. I have read before that you need to size up one with the ANJ-3. [huh]

The jacket is in the standard Aero Seal Brown finish:

Uploaded9208049.jpg

All knits are in excellent condition, as is the leather in general. The only damage to the leather is a small scuff on the windflap:

Uploaded9208053.jpg

This of course would be easily dealt with with a dab of Pecards or similar. The armpits are displaying the characteristic wear pattern in which the seal finish rubs to reveal lighter patches:

Uploaded9208052.jpg
Uploaded9208051.jpg

This idicates that the jacket will age nicely with regular wear...

Label:

Uploaded9208055.jpg

At some point, the original zip has been replaced:

Uploaded9208058.jpg

This replacement zip is sturdy and effective, though if desired, it could easily be replaced with a NOS period zipper or similar.

There are a couple of minor damages to the lining; if you were particularly fussy, like me, this could be repalced, though I should think that a few stitches will provide a perfectly acceptable repair:

Uploaded9208056.jpg

Uploaded9208057.jpg

Asking GBP155 or near offer (that's about USD230 at this morning's rates, and covers my original costs in buying the jacket and shipping it to me, no profit, I just want to sink the money into an A2). Postage will be charged at cost (strong dollar a bonus there!), or collection in person can be facilitated. Payment via paypal, though if local we can do cash.

Edward

Bartender
These are, to the best of my ability, the jacket's measurements:

Pit-Pit (inner) - 21"

Pit-Pit (measured on the outside) 22"

Armpit to end of sleeve (outer; including knit) - 18"

Top of shoulder to end of sleeve (outer, including knit) - 23.5"

Length of jacket, measured at back exterior, from bottom of the collar to bottom of the knits - 24.75"

Although labelled a 42", it is a much neater fit than my AN6552 42". By my estimation, it would best fit someone between 5'7" and 5'10", with a 40" chest. A size 38" chest wouldn't be swamped in it either - obviously, a lot depends on your preferred fit, but as this design is a much neater cut than an A2, I should think you could get away with going a size up. Quite honestly, I'm loathe to part with this jacket as it's such a nicely constructed design, but even if I do lost the 30 odd lbs I really need to shift, I'll still be too broad over the shoulders for it.

Edward

Bartender
What size are you? Given the neatness of the fit, I reckon it could be worn fine by a 38", though I couldn't honestly say (matter of personal taste, I suspect) whether a 36 or smaller could work it or not.

holdemchamp1225

One of the Regulars
Wish I were a 38...

believe me, if I were a 38 the jacket would probably me in my closet by now. ;)

I am a 34.5-35 depending on the day. (bare measurement without clothing)

I think this jacket would be beyond pushing it for me. If it were a sheepskin like a B-3 or Irvin I could probably get away with the extra room but am afraid I would be swimming in this one cause of the cut and fit. I wear a size 36 ELC A-2 and that seems to fit quite nicely so again if this were a size or 2 smaller you would be at the post sending it to me [huh]

Best with the sale, it looks to be a great jacket.

Cheers,

Bruce

Edward said:
What size are you? Given the neatness of the fit, I reckon it could be worn fine by a 38", though I couldn't honestly say (matter of personal taste, I suspect) whether a 36 or smaller could work it or not.

Edward

Bartender
ITEM SOLD

Sale agreed: sorry, I can't figure out how to edit thread title, and there's no edit button for my first post appearing. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran