Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE: Aero Zip Sleeve Highwayman, Brown CXL Steerhide (Size 38)

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Hi everyone. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm selling my Aero Highwayman. I fell head over heels in love with this thing when I got it nearly three years ago and it's come to break in very nicely, but I hardly ever grab this jacket when I go out the door. In need of financing other purchases, I've decided it's time for this bad boy to find a new home.

This one is a size 38 with the waist tapered to a size 36. I have a waist of 31 inches and a chest of 41.5 inches, 155 pounds at 5'8". I hope you can tell by the fit pic that it fits very nicely. The style is the Zip Sleeve Highwayman, with the heavy weight Royal Stewart tartan body lining and a brown corduroy strip at the bottom hem. The sleeves are lined with brown corduroy, which feels very nice and luxurious. Your arms will slide right in. The pockets are lined with a brown, heavyweight moleskin. The heavyweight tartan body lining doesn't really add any warmth over the lighter weight tartan, just more durability and a more hefty feel. The jacket is fitted with brass hardware throughout. No zippers on the handwarmer pockets.

The jacket is made out of a lovely, and thick, brown Chromexcel steerhide coming in at 4-4.5oz. The CXL steerhide has a lovely pull-up effect and is very soft, many consider it to be even nicer than the Chromexcel horsehide that Aero uses. The jacket has no flaws, other than the corduroy strip at the inside bottom hem being slightly worn in two places. Otherwise this tough leather is developing a very nice patina and breaking in nicely, with all the small scratches and creases in the right places, only adding to the beauty of the jacket. But don't worry, the heavy leather still has a way to go before being completely broken in, thus giving you the chance to make this jacket truly yours.

The body length is 25.5".
The sleeve length is 26".
Armpit to armpit is 22.5".
Waist is just under 19".

Pictures are in this album:
https://goo.gl/photos/sGoKSuCYAHnQS4Sj8

More pictures in this thread:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/new-aero-zip-sleeve-highwayman-love-it.78379/

I'm asking 500 Euros shipped worldwide for free.

Let me know if you're interested.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Very nice jacket there sir! Shame you have to give it up but we've all been there. Wish it was a little bigger!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Not interested in my Teamster or Barnstormer, I suppose? I'd love to get a jacket in this super heavy hide, but cannot afford at the moment, sadly.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I know how you feel, I am always torn with whether or not to sell my Aero Teamster, too. First Aero I got, don't wear it anymore, but still... if you change your mind anytime soon, let me know, I'll take it at once.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Thank you! This jacket is one of the first ones I looked at in awe when I first found my way into this forum. I'll wear it proudly and treat it with due respect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21