Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: AUTHENTIC A2 FLIGHT JACKET - PERRY SIZE 40 GOATSKIN

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Hi Guys

May I say that, as a new member, I've been reading the flight jacket threads with great interest.

I have recently commissioned a GWL Doniger jacket from John Chapman as a daily wearer, but consequently after much soul searching I must now sell a very fine jacket that purchased from Andrew Swatland.

It's currently listed with images on EBay (Item number: 190246284048) and is a beautiful Perry Sportswear A2 (AC 23377) in very good condition - the original label is present, with its size 40 tag and stamped U.S. Air Force winged insignia.

The jacket dates from 1942 it is made of hard-wearing russet goatskin, without holes or repairs. There are unobtrusive stitch holes where lieutenant's bars and a name strip were once sewn on.

The goatskin has its original pebbly finish and is beautifully patinated. There are a few tiny (and I mean tiny) surface wear marks and minor wear to the neck (although no holes). The waistband and cuff knits are professional replacements (done some time ago) and are well colour matched (mid brown) for the original contract.

The original Conmar zipper is in top condition, works perfectly and there is absolutely no separation at the male end. All the ball stud snaps are present and work perfectly.

The original dull orange lining is almost entirely intact although there is wear to the collar lining and a small lateral tear at the neck near the leather hanger. The inside pocket appears to be a theatre addition.

When laid flat the jacket measures 21 inches from armpit to armpit, down the sleeve from shoulder to cuff is 25 inches, from the base of the collar to the bottom of the waistband 24.5 inches and 17.5 inches across the back. It has a relatively roomy torso and slender arm ends and is a very athletic and sharp pattern.

This a great jacket from a relatively small early contract with some nice touches (e.g. pebbly finish of the goatskin and the collar stand).

Please mail me with questions.

Many thanks

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
A2 Perry now sold

Thanks to those who visited the auction and participated. The Perry sold well on a Buy it Now and I am now eagerly awaiting my GWL Doniger.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24