Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - Hopkins Baltimore Panama Size 7 1/2

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have another recent find that needs a larger size head than mine. This is a vintage Hopkins Baltimore Panama "Airliner" size 7 1/2. The closest dating estimate I could get was from the union label as there are not a whole lot of examples to go by. I searched the "Look For The Union Label" thread here on the lounge and the union label appears to come from the 1934-1950 era having the horizontal "bug" as opposed to the later slanted "bug" on the upper left corner of the label that seems to have appeared in the 50's (last picture in the set). Judging by the style of the hat, the union label and the labeling inside the crown I would guess this to be a 40's hat, my gut says later 40's. The straw is in very good condition and has a loose, somewhat vented weave to allow air flow. The brim is 2 7/8" and the front of the crown stands 4 1/8" with a 1 1/4" pug. The sweat feels a little dry underneath to the touch but still flexes well and is not cracked. It could stand come conditioner. There is some sweat staining on the tip label. Asking $90 + shipping. Feel free to PM me if interested.

This picture shows the union label and the type of weave fairly well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points