Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE or Trade: Eastman Star Sportswear A2, 46

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Hi all,

Reluctantly putting this beauty up for sale, but the hard truth is that it's just not the right cut of jacket for me! I got it from @nick123 late last year, and I've not really worn it much at all since then. Last time I put it on was in February - it's been in storage since then.

You all know the full details about these jackets. Suffice to say, the jacket is in sensational condition - Nick hadn't worn it much and neither have I. Knits and lining all are in superb shape, leather is simply incredible. WarHorse hide, so much grain and character.

Some quick measurements for everyone:

23.5 inches pit to pit
26.25 inches shoulder to end of cuff (following the curve of the sleeve)
20.75 inches across the waist above knits
26.5 inches base of collar to hem
20 inches across the shoulders

For loungers, I'll do this fully shipped in the UK for £550 by Paypal friends and family. If you're abroad, let me know and I'll get a postage quote for you.

It's listed on eBay, so it's your choice if you want to purchase on here or via eBay. If you go via eBay, make me an offer and mention you're a lounger in the offer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253644492407

I'm also willing to consider trades for any similar jackets, but they have to be a size 44 or 46 and have extra body and sleeve length. I'll consider a wide range of military jackets - D1, G1, M422a, A2, ANJ-3 - please, feel free to put anything forward! :)

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Great A-2, one of the best contracts from Eastman.
Leather and accuracy are top notch.
Wish it would be size 44.

Lebowski

this is definitely a slimmer 46. Closer to a 44.5 or 45
It's the key feature of this contract. That's why its size 44 would be like "usual" 42, which would be perfect to me personally)

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Oh hell...great great jacket here. It was about 2 sizes big on me yet I loved it. I hope someone takes this. Meacham’s a good buyer. He has my endorsement.

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Oh hell...great great jacket here. It was about 2 sizes big on me yet I loved it. I hope someone takes this. Meacham’s a good buyer. He has my endorsement.

Thanks Nick! Much appreciated. It truly is a superb jacket, but the fit has never been quite right on me personally. I think it has more to do with the cut of A2s generally - when I tried on Eastman’s G1 at their pop up shop last year I instantly knew it was a much more flattering cut on me. Longer, broader shoulders and a bit more shape works better on me!

I reckon a G1 or ANJ-3 is going to be the answer!

AMan

New in Town
I've noticed that a lot of repro A-2s are clicked with a smooth side on one side and a grainy side on the other. Was this something that happened a lot? Anyone have experience about what it looks like over time?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I've noticed that a lot of repro A-2s are clicked with a smooth side on one side and a grainy side on the other. Was this something that happened a lot? Anyone have experience about what it looks like over time?

Yep, totally happened. Some originals were even more mis-matched than what we see on repros.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking A-2. Don't have an Eastman yet, maybe time to upgrade? Wondering if there is any opinion as to how this might fit compared to my Aero Battered Steer Hide A-2.

Numbers are pretty close between the two jackets. It looks like the Eastman would be a bit trimmer.

Aero Battered Steer Hide A-2
24.5 inches pit to pit
27 inches shoulder to end of cuff (following the curve of the sleeve)
22 inches across the waist above knits
26.5 inches base of color to hem

Eastman Star Sportsman A-2
23.5 inches pit to pit

IMG_6070.JPG

I'm 6'-1", 205 Lb.

Any fit pics of the Eastman?

Thanks,

seres

A-List Customer
That’s a beautiful Star size 44 A-2. In general, if you comfortably wear a size 42 in other contract A-2’s, a size 44 Star SHOULD fit well.

Checking on the HPA site, most of those Star A-2 measurement look pretty accurate. However, I would check the Shoulder measures. Charles at HPA told me that the main difference between the Star sizes and the Roughwear sizes was in the Shoulder, with the Star being smaller. Looking at the HPA site, the Shoulders for the Star size 44 indicate about 18 inches. The Roughwear in the same size 44 has the same measures, except the Shoulder which measures 20.

I understand these jackets are made by humans, and as such each will be a little different. They also stretch and sometimes shrink in use. But a 2-inch difference seems a lot. So I would check with the OP about the Shoulder measure on the Star.

Also, another difficult to measure dimension is the armhole size. A high and tight armhole will make the jacket seem to fit smaller. I have some that just fit better than others, even with the same measures. And I’m sure it’s the armhole dimensions.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
So, even though this is tagged a 46, it is actually more like a 44? Either way, I think I may be a bit too small for me.
This is what I found on HPA as far as sizing:

Size 44 46
Chest width 23" 24"
Shoulder width 18" 18.5"
Arm length 26.5" 27"
Back length 26.5" 27"

It gets tricky. Sure is a pretty jacket though.

Lebowski

So, even though this is tagged a 46, it is actually more like a 44?
Yep, exactly! This Star Sportswear is one of the most fitted contracts. One of my favorites)
P.S. Its grainy leather looks just gorgeous on the photos above. A real beauty from Gary Eastman!

stevetfire

New in Town
Hi all,

Reluctantly putting this beauty up for sale, but the hard truth is that it's just not the right cut of jacket for me! I got it from @nick123 late last year, and I've not really worn it much at all since then. Last time I put it on was in February - it's been in storage since then.

You all know the full details about these jackets. Suffice to say, the jacket is in sensational condition - Nick hadn't worn it much and neither have I. Knits and lining all are in superb shape, leather is simply incredible. WarHorse hide, so much grain and character.

Some quick measurements for everyone:

23.5 inches pit to pit

For loungers, I'll do this fully shipped in the UK for £550 by Paypal friends and family. If you're abroad, let me know and I'll get a postage quote for you.

It's listed on eBay, so it's your choice if you want to purchase on here or via eBay. If you go via eBay, make me an offer and mention you're a lounger in the offer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253644492407

I'm also willing to consider trades for any similar jackets, but they have to be a size 44 or 46 and have extra body and sleeve length. I'll consider a wide range of military jackets - D1, G1, M422a, A2, ANJ-3 - please, feel free to put anything forward! :)

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
I’ll take it please , dm sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider