Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE Stetson 3X Beaver Quality Size 7 1/8

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I had been searching for a Last Drop 3XB for some time; if this one weren't too snug for my 57.4cm noggin I wouldn't part with it. I can wear it in the proper place on my head (I can even pull it down beyond the largest circumference of head without a problem), but it's not comfortable.

This 3XB is like fresh from the box.

Specs:
Last Drop embroidered liner with thin plastic foil cover
5.5" x 2 7/8" all the way around; raw brim
Internal circumference: 22 1/8"
Fits like a snug 7 1/8

The western felt is firm and thick, but still moldable; it has a very even finish. The center dent and side dents will hold by dry crease.

There are no signs of wear and no flaws. The sweatband is in perfect condition, flippable without a problem; the onion skin behind the sweatband is also in excellent condition (see pic). The felt has no discolorations, no moth tracks, and no signs of stretching attempts anywhere. There is no discoloration caused by migration through the leather sweatband to the felt, either.

Due to the properties of the Stetson logo on the sweatband, I estimate this hat to be from a later decade (70s probably, or perhaps 60s); it's definitely not from the 1950s. The gold embossment is more superficial and not as well-defined as in earlier Stetsons; the gold color itself has that newer look to it, too.

I'm asking €100 ($120) plus shipping.
Due to shipping and customs duties, I have more than what I'm asking into it, but I think this is what the hat itself is worth.

This hat ships from Germany, so shipping insured will be:
to Germany: €7 ($8.50)
to EU: €17 ($20)
to USA: € 36 ($44)

Please PM, if interested. Due to the time difference (Europe/ U.S.), I may respond with some delay.

P1060358-1.jpg

P1060361-1.jpg

P1060364-1.jpg

P1060363-1.jpg

P1060366-1.jpg

P1060362-1.jpg

P1080107.jpg

P1080105.jpg

P1080106.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
It's yours for €75 ($90) plus shipping.

I'd rather see this hat go to a lounger than let it sit in a box, unused. I'm also open to offers.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the gentle bump, Alan.
Well, it could be the shipping cost from Germany to the U.S.. It's plain daylight robbery. You can ship a hat from the States to Germany for $15-25 First Class or $30-40 Priority, but for reasons unknown the return trip is more expensive.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
A gentle bump in the rear.

I found out that there is in fact an equivalent to USPS First Class Mail Int'l for shipping from Germany to the U.S., so I should be able to ship it for $20.
It's yours, then, for $110 including shipping to the U.S.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Reduced to $95,- shipped to the U.S.

For this low-cost shipping option ($20,- to the U.S.), you'll probably have to adjust the wide brim after shipping.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Email sent.
The 3XB Last Drop is a Silverbelly with a shift towards light gray (not at all towards tan).

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Additional info on this Stetson 3XB Last Drop:

I did some belated homework on Stetson's Last Drop dating - turns out that this is in fact a 1950s Last Drop (late 50s, I guess), not of a more recent vintage.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Now for $ 78.- shipped to the U.S.

A great 1950s 3XB Last Drop with embroidered liner for a bargain price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot