Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE unique teacore shinki hh Bill Kelso aeronaut 42

marmalademan

Banned
850 USD by PayPal friends and family please. Or else add the fees and that's fine too. I can ship it from England in early July

Measurements:
Shoulders 18.5"
Pit to pit 22.5
Sleeves 25
Length 23.5

I'll add some detail pics soon. The shinki is on the lighter side, perfect for warmer climes.

265a5db653ec5a217008b0822ef2d540.jpg
9769078ed0eb0ac84ad2d6e7ffd2b7d8.jpg
18bc9ce59bf86f1c71daa958e991c19b.jpg
78232f50a4fbc8e26bd47785d911a02f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

marmalademan

Banned
To the naked eye it looks almost black, when actually it's dark seal brown. Though the camera can see the base colour underneath there isn't any wear through on it yet, but in time if worn enough that will eventually begin to show, particularly in the high stress areas
c8d5a1a886825b6e47540cc74d2cea6c.jpg
f2ee3f9ab0f2d533c41bf90d25b79f37.jpg
e3487accd1863bc14f44cdac3bffeb1d.jpg
15a99d2d8a4a7b15638f36b5c74f9ddb.jpg
c508e3cb44759560020ecd16cb942799.jpg
3d7fa02fbcabf8f5429db55c6155917d.jpg
8fcb3244f17382d5382cf5a5ce654f78.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I love this, but I think it's a little short in the body for me. Which honestly is for the best at this point considering how ridiculous my collection has gotten.

marmalademan

Banned
Unless you're 6,3 plus @Guppy it certainly won't be too short. All you would need to pull this off and look magnificent is one high waisted pair of trousers

marmalademan

Banned
What a beautiful jacket... Spot on my size, too. Don't have the $, though. But it's just wow.

Well, this one fits bigger than the other one..

Though it is what I would describe as a forgiving 42 (possibly in part aided by the drape of the shinki) it is nevertheless a 42. And fits like 42 more than it does 40

Thuggee

Practically Family
Lovely. Any idea how much it would cost to replace the lining?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve had a similar jacket totally relined here in Australia ( a Aeromarine) cost me around AU$200 from memory which I felt was reasonable for a professional job as all the original stitch holes ect were used couldn’t tell it has been relined when I got it back, as with anything there are people who know what they are doing and people who don’t I wouldn’t have just anyone reline a expensive leather jacket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Buying a jacket for $850 to reline it, especially this one, seems criminal to me. It might not be for everyone, but that's just frivolous. $0.02

marmalademan

Banned
Buying a jacket for $850 to reline it, especially this one, seems criminal to me. It might not be for everyone, but that's just frivolous. $0.02

Don't listen to him @potential buyers. This guy's crimes against jackets are far worse! (What with the sheer volume he owns and the resulting wear time that can thus be afforded to each).

But seriously @Guppy if you think so that of course is absolutely fine. But what the need for publicly saying so on my FOR SALE thread is is quite beyond me :rolleyes:

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
This BK is fabulous jacket all-in-all, and I suppose there's no need to change lining at all. To remove this mint condition lining would be wrong decision (no offence at all please). This BK is valuable in its original condition and with its original lining, as is.
Yes, I still find this camouflage lining looking a bit unusual on this type of jackets, (which are looking near A-1 style, as Heron, Aeronaut, etc.). But - in spite of this point of view (which I totally agree with) - I think this jacket still looks just marvellous. I very like this BK, and I'd like to say that after Handymike's recent comment above I'm starting to get used to this lining LoL))
Seriously, that's a very nice jacket as is, in its original condition right now.

Last edited:
I think what would help is a photo of the collar open. If the jacket has leather facing, then no one will see the lining. So the point becomes a non-issue. I personally would love to see a bit of camo peeking out, but the jacket is too big for me.
GLWS.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Don't listen to him @potential buyers. This guy's crimes against jackets are far worse! (What with the sheer volume he owns and the resulting wear time that can thus be afforded to each).

But seriously @Guppy if you think so that of course is absolutely fine. But what the need for publicly saying so on my FOR SALE thread is is quite beyond me :rolleyes:

I get it, you don't care what happens to it after it's sold, that's the new owner's right. And it is, but I still think what I think, if someone were to replace that lining with something else. It's a perfectly good lining. Maybe not everyone's style, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to rip it out and replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points