Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Vanson Enfield 42

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I first came to FL a year ago to announce to the world that I had bought this jacket on Ebay and to solicit opinions on fit Unfortunately I already thought it was too big and I've since lost twenty-five pounds. If there's one thing I've learned here, it's "fit is everything," so I'd like to see this jacket go to a good home where it'll still be great for years to come and use the moolah to get something else (in the best FL tradition:D).

It's a 42 and the measurements are:
Chest: 49 (Full circumference, just under the armpit)
Across Shoulders: 19
Sleeve Length 26.74
Length Front: 22.25
Length Back 25.75

These measurements are taken off and explained on the Vanson website and I also confirmed them. When you look at the pix, I'm 5'9" and 150lbs. I think it's a much more handsome jacket when it fits more trimly. There are a couple of current strings on the Enfield going on right now and beaucoup pix on the net if you google: vanson enfield images.

It's a really great jacket in Competition Cowhide. When I get on a digital bathroom scale with and without it, the difference it 6.2 lbs. However a very knowledgable FL'er said 7 lbs. I would never sell it in a million years except for fit issues. When I bought it on Ebay, it was described as showing "no signs of wear." It certainly isn't brand new, but it's as good or better than new with no issues. You can see that the zippers and snaps aren't shiny but the leather, while soft and broken in, is black. I only buy Ebay stuff described as good as new and/or unworn and never had a smidge of buyers remorse regarding condition.

PRICE::eeek:
I'm gonna ask $350 including shipping. I sniped it on Ebay at the last second for $355 plus $20 shipping. Someone else tried to snipe it too for $350 so I wasn't the only one who wanted it.What with paypal fees, etc. I'm losing a little dough on the deal; but I did get some enjoyment out of it on a few cold rides where the room for layering came in handy and I want the person who gets it to feel happy that they got a good deal. If you do an "advanced" search on Ebay, it seems like similar jackets are selling for $400 unless they're an odd size or something. I'm not interested in haggling or a lot of drama. I'd like some fellow Lounger to have first crack at it; but if nobody here wants it for the next few whiles, I'll just put it on Ebay.

I ran out of room so I posted two additional pix of the label and lining under a separate thread.

So PM me if interested.

Enfield1.jpg

Enfield2.jpg

Enfield3.jpg

Enfield4.jpg

Enfield5.jpg

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
It is a very nice jacket and a fair price. 6.2 lbs. is probably about right. My Enfield size 44 weighs in at an even 7 lbs. on the digital electronic scale. I used to leave my leather jackets on my motorcycle when going in for lunch. When I got my Enfield a few years ago, that practice stopped. Vanson jackets have a way of growing legs and walking off if left unattended.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto