Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For sale: Vintage borsalino peluche fedora 7 3/8 PRICE SLASHED!!

Rodney Greene

New in Town
Greetings fellow loungers!

Okay, it’s 105 degrees today in Los Angeles, and this lid is screaming:

“Send me up north where there’s ice and snow!”

I never really got any wear out of this fedora – I can barely tolerate straw on my noggin in this heat.

I love this plush, long-hair Borsalino "Peluche" and I’m sorry to let it go. Excellent used, vintage condition. Liner is very clean, sweatband smooth and supple. Color is a beautiful tan/taupe. Felt is luxuriously soft, smooth and supple and you can swap out bashes to your heart’s content.

Stats are as follows:

Size: 7 3/8
Inside circumference: 23 in Hello, my name is Rodney (215)200-6977, if the Borsalino Peluche has already sold, then, why is it still being advertised? I am interested in one just like it.
Crown (bashed): 5 in
Brim: 2 ¼ in (with stitched underwelt)
Ribbon: 2 in (with wind string)

Condition: Excellent used, vintage condition. Only two minor issues:
1) Slight fading on the ribbon – nothing out of the ordinary on a 60 year old fedora.
2) A little mothing just above the ribbon front right. It’s much LESS NOTICEABLE than on the pic with the flash. If you know vintage lids you know that mothing on long-hair fedoras is almost a non-issue; a good brushing typically hides it completely. I was going to have a new ribbon put on, slightly wider at 2 ¼ inches to completely cover the area. Kill two birds with one stone!

This is the PERFECT winter fedora! I can see a light dusting of snow flurries on the crown right now! Bundle up, you northern boys! Cold weather’s a-comin’!

$250 including shipping CONUS PAYPAL only.

Peluche4.jpg

Peluche5.jpg

Peluche6.jpg

Peluche1.jpg

Peluche3.jpg

Peluche7.jpg
Yeah, sorry, yet another blurry pic! I'm cursed!

It's 23 and 3/16ths. I'm bummed, 'cause I'd like a Peluche, but have given up on stretching hats: it never does them any favors. If I wear a too-tight hat, it only leaves behind red marks and mild headaches. Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points