For Sale: WWII-era 10-button Pea Coat size 38-40

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by cjamesbrough, Dec 9, 2019.

1. cjamesbrough

cjamesbrough New in Town

Due to my self-imposed directive to only wear black, I've decided to part with my WWII-era 10-button Navy pea coat. This thing is a real beauty and it hurts a little to let it go.

First, pictures:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Okay, a little about the jacket.
    First, the bad:
    -Some light wear around the inside collar lining, as shown.
    -Left inner arm hole has a little detached sewing.

Neither of these things are major.

Next, the maybe bad but I don't know:
    -I had my local tailor (who is fantastic) reattach the buttons. This is good as they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. However, I had him move a row a little inwards to give me a more slim fit, so there are four minor spots of "damage" where the original buttons laid. I tried to show you the worst of it.

The good:
    Corduroy lining is present and nice. No moth holes that I can see. Outward appearance looks very nice. Service tag is present with name and rank, which is cool.

Measurements:
    P2P: 20"
    Shoulder: 19"
    Length: 33"
    Sleeve: 25"

I am 5'11" (6' on a good day) and weight around 170. With a tshirt, the fit is very nice and not restrictive. I can provide more measurements and photos if needed.

I'm looking for, lets say $100 shipped in the US. Is that a fair price? If I am way off, just let me know.

I also have a nice repro navy watchman cap that I can include. Now, I can't remember if I got it from Buzz Rickson or Pike Bros, but it was one of the two (I think I have the paperwork somewhere). I can include that for an additional $25 if interested.

Lastly, the jacket was dry cleaned and is in a pet free, smoke free household.

2. cjamesbrough

cjamesbrough New in Town

Okay, I found the hat documentation. My mistake as its neither a BR or Pike, but from a Japanese company called Mash Co.

[​IMG]

New, it costs $50 without shipping, so instead of $25, lets say $20.

3. cjamesbrough

cjamesbrough New in Town

Too pricey bump?

How about $75 shipped?