Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the ladies

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Hello everyone, I may have asked this several years ago, but unfortunately it still applies as my wife has yet to secure a leather jacket. So here is the question: Where is the best place for her to find a brown or black goat/lamb leather jacket? She wants a classic, soft, timeless leather jacket that can be worn with jeans or dressed up slightly with casual work wear. She doesn't want a heavy "biker" or "military" look, but rather a timeless classic piece. Think Ralph Lauren or Banana Republic (no, I've already checked and these sites don"t have what she is looking for-TOO EXPENSIVE). See reference photos http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...cket&sr=1&kw=leather+jacket&parentPage=search

[URL]http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=62419396&origkw=leather+jacket&sr=1&kw=leather+jacket&parentPage=search[/URL]

Attachments

• pPOLO2-21110584_lifestyle_t240.jpg
    pPOLO2-21110584_lifestyle_t240.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 130
  • pPOLO2-21490468_lifestyle_t240.jpg
    pPOLO2-21490468_lifestyle_t240.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 161

EstherWeis

Vendor
I do not know if you have thisstore anywhere near you, but I can recommend this one.
http://www.massimodutti.com/m/us/women/leather--c675010.html

I have 2 of their leather jackets.
My husband has one too.
They quality is excellent for the price and the leather ages beautifully.
I know they aren't cheap, but a lot better than RL and they have the same feel and look than the really expensive ones.
The have a good fit and the classic look you want for such a jacket.
Most of their clothes are very good quality and can be worn either dressed up or down.
I can only say good things about this store. ( spanish brand)

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
I do not know if you have thisstore anywhere near you, but I can recommend this one.
http://www.massimodutti.com/m/us/women/leather--c675010.html

I have 2 of their leather jackets.
My husband has one too.
They quality is excellent for the price and the leather ages beautifully.
I know they aren't cheap, but a lot better than RL and they have the same feel and look than the really expensive ones.
The have a good fit and the classic look you want for such a jacket.
Most of their clothes are very good quality and can be worn either dressed up or down.
I can only say good things about this store. ( spanish brand)

Great! But UGH!!! No size available for my wife!

Peacoat

Bartender
I remember your original post.

Johnson Leathers has a nice and very soft steer. It is broken in straight out of the box. You might contact Allan and see what he can do with a custom build. Johnson is quite reasonable on the custom prices. Or an alternative might be a size 32 and let Allan alter sleeves if needed. He will send a test jacket so fit is much easier.

My wife is a petite small, so she can wear a size 32 with some modifications.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Maybe look at Wilson's or even Nordstrom's? Tall order though. My experience is the wife must do it herself as her taste will unlikely coincide with yours. ;)

Stand By

One Too Many
I would suggest Aero would be worth a call as they can tailor a jacket to a ladies' frame (or so I believe), whereas someone like ELC would not.
Good luck on the hunt!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pegasus has a few women's styles that are very nice, particularly the Ladies' D-model. I believe there's one on sale right now for $700.00.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21