Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For trade Stetson 100

Michaelshane

One Too Many
This is a 7-1/8,I need something in a 7-1/4.Show me something nice,this is a wonderful hat.

P1040268.jpg
[/IMG]

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I emailed Art once, and he said he could move a hat up one size by stretching. I know it's not your favorite thing to do, though. Too bad you won't sell it... I don't have anything good in 1/4. :(

flute

Justdog

Practically Family

Michaelshane said:
I did that with a Borsalino.They change the sweatband,then it's just not the same.

Sorry I commented on resize before I saw this entry. I totally agree it is something about the original oval that makes it better to just find the proper size. Just what I learned .

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
100 for 100?

I have a Stetson 100 in 7 1/4, but alas do little more than look at it because at 7 1/4, it is simply too big (I'm a 7 1/8). It is in exceptional conditions save for two very small moth nips... If you are interested and would like to see some pics, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Cheers,

RC

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
Optimo Work

I've had Optimo adjust two hats for me. The first was a 1930's 650+ wsi Cavanagh Montecristi. Major work here...reblocked the thing to a huge degree, took the size up from about 7 1/8 to my 7 3/8 LO, the original sweat had to be replaced and they took the small pad-liner out. I didn't care about the sweat and they had asked me about that. It never occurred to me the pad-liner wouldn't be put back in and I and others here on the lounge have never seen one like it. A bit sad on the pad-liner...but the work on the hat was top quality. I was super-pleased on that one.

The other was a Stetson Open Road 7X that I bought in a 7 1/4, a bit smaller than my 7 3/8 LO. I have had problems with several OR's from the 1950 era...they tend to be a bit big for some reason. I've heard the same from a few others...not all. So, I went with a 7X. The thing arrived and was so nice I wasn't sure I wanted to stretch it myself...and then there was the LO part. Having recently had the above Montecristi done, I sent the 7X to be reblocked into a 7 3/8 LO. Came back in great shape...and the one size up did not require a new sweatband. The hat is still original and fits my head, properly.

I've stretched several hats on my own one size up and have never had a problem with the sweatbands. None of them were dry rotted or brittle...I think a good condition leather sweatband can typically take a one size increase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points