Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found: French currency from 1939 to 44.

Koreana

Familiar Face
You never know what you'll find in all the paper I go thru. Found some French Francs/currency in some books at work. They are not in great condition. Fair at best. You guys know if these have any value? Or should I just give them to the Grail Diary nut jobs at COW? LOL

Best Regards,
Jun

Wild Root

Gone Home
Vintage money eh? That?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s cool! I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m not sure on what it might be worth but I can say that it would be fun just to have something like that in a collection. I find old American coins where I work and I swap them out with my spare change. I found a 1904 Indian head penny once! I like old cash as well! It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s even harder to come by! My Mother has a 1935 Silver Certificate dollar bill and it is in really good shape. But, I think you should take the Francs to be appraised and see what they might be worth. You never know

Cheers,

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I enjoy collecting pre-1950s currency as well. When I'm going somewhere in full retro finery I like to have appropriate coinage in my pockets.

Marlowe

One of the Regulars
They might actually be worth something. After WWII, the French currency was devalued. Even in the Sixties, you can hear "old francs" mentioned or discussion about whether money is "ancien regime" or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana