Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foyle's War UK WW II period police drama

Decodence

A-List Customer
My local public library has been getting episodes trickling in on DVD. I have them on hold before they even hit the general circulation. Just watched the Nazi sympathizer episode last night, GREAT show.

Mr. K.L.Bowers

One of the Regulars
I caught an episode of Foyle’s War on PBS one night recently and was hooked. Unfortunately no more episodes were scheduled this month. My wife found the series is available at our public library. Now we can't wait to get home in the evening to watch the next episode. Regular programming is just so awful that if it were not for the history channel I would have canceled our cable subscription years ago. But now if time allows, we watch two episodes in one sitting. My wife was never a fan of WW II, my WW II reenacting or the period clothing. But, the story lines of FW has her hooked and it is beginning to stir some interest in the time period. (YES) Two thumbs WAY up.:eusa_clap

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
I've just started watching the series, thanks to Netflix. And I love it--Michael Kitchen especially. His eyes are so kind, and I adore his understatements. My kinda guy. I've got my parents hooked on it too! So far, we've watched the first three episodes, and I'm very excited about the next shipment...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I happened to stop by the library on my lunch break and got the first in the series - I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend! Can't wait! :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Just finished watching the Eagle's Day episode - I'm not sure if it's the first in the series or not, but I loved it. I plan to watch the rest of them!

Decodence

A-List Customer
AmateisGal said:
Just finished watching the Eagle's Day episode - I'm not sure if it's the first in the series or not, but I loved it. I plan to watch the rest of them!
Season 1
Season 1, Episode 1: The German Woman
Season 1, Episode 2: The White Feather
Season 1, Episode 3: A Lesson in Murder
Season 1, Episode 4: Eagle Day
Season 2
Season 2, Episode 1: Fifty Ships
Season 2, Episode 2: Among the Few
Season 2, Episode 3: War Games
Season 2, Episode 4: The Funk Hole
Season 3
Season 3, Episode 1: The French Drop
Season 3, Episode 2: Enemy Fire
Season 3, Episode 3: They Fought in the Fields
Season 3, Episode 4: A War of Nerves
Season 4
Season 4, Episode 1: Invasion
Season 4, Episode 2: Bad Blood
Season 5
Season 5, Episode 1: Bleak Midwinter
Season 5, Episode 2: Casualties of War
Season 6
Season 6, Episode 1: Plan of Attack
Season 6, Episode 2: Broken Souls
Season 6, Episode 3: All Clear

I've made it through 3/4 of season 1, 1/4 of season 2, and 3/4 of season 3 thus far.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Just saw the last episode.
And I must admit, allthough a great fan of the series, the last episode was a dissapointment.
Seemed like the author had spend more time "tying the threads" for a "happy ending" for the maincharacters, than creating the criminal puzzle, he was so brilliant at, in the other episodes.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Ahhh...thanks, Decodence! I snatched Eagle's Day because it was the only one the library had. Looks like the rest of them are checked out! I may have to go try out Netflix...

Decodence

A-List Customer
AmateisGal said:
Ahhh...thanks, Decodence! I snatched Eagle's Day because it was the only one the library had. Looks like the rest of them are checked out! I may have to go try out Netflix...
You can usually put holds on them. I just finished out series 3 this weekend, and am working to finish 1&2, and then move on in chronological order.

cheah1

New in Town
Foyle's hat

I'll apologize in advance if someone has already asked this, but does anyone know where I can get a hat similar to Foyle's? Mainly I'm looking for something in between the snap brim fedora and the trilby. It's getting a flatter brim that seems to be my problem.

leaette

A-List Customer
I just discovered this series last summer so I missed almost all of the episodes. So I just started borrowing them from the library. I just returned season 1 today. Now we just have to request season 2.

I really like it.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I noticed that too. But I chalk it up to deliberate characterization. It was a long war and it was taking its toll on those at home, as well as on the front. Why not depict that in the series?

leaette

A-List Customer
i just don't see the attraction to honeysuckle weeks. i just said the other day to my husband "she looks homely". he didn't resond too much to that so i guess he didn't want to say anything. i guess he feels like you guys do. hahah.

i like her hair though. i'm jealous of that.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Homely!? :eek: I beg to differ.

HoneyStudioMOS_468x350.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto