Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FREE Vintage Tie Contest

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
As a "thank you" to all contributing Fedora Loungers, I will be giving away one vintage Golden Era necktie per week for the next several months. (Shipping will also be free.)

This is a contest. In order to win the free tie below, you have to answer correctly the following question. Please do not PM me with your answer; post it right here in this thread.

And the question is ... which famous Golden Era actor/filmmaker is hiding inside this costume?

Chaplin207.jpg

If you answer correctly, your prize will be ... a beautiful early 1940s geometric tie in raw silk. Condition is excellent. This tie would match perfectly with a dark blue, light grey, beige, cream, or white jacket and trousers.

evenmorehats.jpg

Good luck!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Yes and no,......

I was prepared to say that I "cheated" if I had won Marc's contest, after right clicking on it to save it for analysis in my PC.
However, Mr. Chevalier, sage character that he is, is no doubt aware of this fact? :cool:
Also, it's really hard to make out a face inside the costume,....any face.Could be anyone really.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, I'll give it a shot

I'm taking a total shot in the dark - part of my head's saying there's a slight resemblance but most of me thinks it's not, but could it possibly be Charles Boyer?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
It's a tough conundrum for sure.

Rather looks like two faces to me. One on the left looks like a 3/4 profile of,.....Hitler!? And the one on the right looks like,.....????????[huh]

But then I could be looking at the wrong part of the image all together.:rolleyes:

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Another guess and then I'll quit: I think this is Herber Lom in the role of Napoleon in the film The Young Mr. Pitt (1942).

Dalexs

Practically Family
Gee, a shot in the dark, no. It is Charlie Chaplin.
Photographed in 1935.

And is part of the New York World-Telegram and the Sun Newspaper Photograph Collection.

Do i get extra points?

Dang, I just noticed Maj.Nick Danger beat me to it.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
You sound confident of your answer.

Dalexs said:
Gee, a shot in the dark, no. It is Charlie Chaplin.
Photographed in 1935.

And is part of the New York World-Telegram and the Sun Newspaper Photograph Collection.

Do i get extra points?

Dang, I just noticed Maj.Nick Danger beat me to it.

So, therefore I concede any and all prizes to you.
My "answer" was merely the result of right - clicking on the image to save it and thus seeing the name. :rolleyes:
I have no claim to victory here.

Dalexs

Practically Family
Maj.Nick Danger said:
So, therefore I concede any and all prizes to you.
My "answer" was merely the result of right - clicking on the image to save it and thus seeing the name. :rolleyes:
I have no claim to victory here.

Actually, I did the same thing, except that I also looked up the rest of the info on the internet.

So I will concede to you. You cheated first! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points