Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freenote Cloth Riders Jacket Release

cbez

One Too Many

Def better than the Nick's...

Personally, I like that they're making something in the US and using quality materials, the style probably isn't for me and they don't even make my size but still neat.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I love their waxed canvas version and own two.

I’m tempted. I’d like to know more about this leather …

cbez

One Too Many
I think the rider name probably hurts it more since it's not great for riding so people will judge it as a riding jacket instead of a fashion one.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
The only thing I like about this is the leather. Looks like really good quality goat!
The design is pretty boring (collar is soooooo boring), hand warmers on this type of jackets should be banned. And the fit, why do people put out these oversized trucker designs? I guess there must be a market for it somewhere, but they are not for me.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I’m surprised by all the negative comments. I think it’s a brilliant jacket.

It’s more of a cross between a ranch jacket and a riders jacket, so the pockets and gussets make perfect sense IMO.

It’s comfortable, functional, and looks great IMO. To each their own I guess.

043CF2A6-5904-4E8E-AC33-F87734135CFA.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I’m surprised by all the negative comments. I think it’s a brilliant jacket.

It’s more of a cross between a ranch jacket and a riders jacket, so the pockets and gussets make perfect sense IMO.

It’s comfortable, functional, and looks great IMO. To each their own I guess.

View attachment 552592
To each their own, absolutely.

I guess we need to see this as a contemporary fashion piece that borrowed a few designs cues from the traditional type 1 or type 2 trucker, combined with the back gussets of motorcycle jacket.

And that's exactly how they described it...

"It is a unique mix of a classic ranch jacket combined with a riding jacket. The front pleats expand with movement along with the shoulder gussets in the back. "

The only thing they got wrong in their description is that they're calling it a jacket instead of a coat. 28" body length is coat territory.

For the purists such as myself, a trucker jacket should be short and boxy.

5E456FB4-4474-47D0-95C8-BCC8F23BCFF7.jpeg

Brandrea33

One Too Many
To each their own, absolutely.

I guess we need to see this as a contemporary fashion piece that borrowed a few designs cues from the traditional type 1 or type 2 trucker, combined with the back gussets of motorcycle jacket.

And that's exactly how they described it...

"It is a unique mix of a classic ranch jacket combined with a riding jacket. The front pleats expand with movement along with the shoulder gussets in the back. "

The only thing they got wrong in their description is that they're calling it a jacket instead of a coat. 28" body length is coat territory.

For the purists such as myself, a trucker jacket should be short and boxy.

View attachment 552593
I think their target for this jacket/ coat, might be wanna be bikers and cowboys (like me):rolleyes:.

I hear what you’re saying Marc, its not everyone’s cup of tea for sure, but I really like it and find it quite useful.

FWIW, it’s shorter than my departed Flat Head Single Riders Jacket.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I like everything about this jacket except the price. I would think the fabric version is a much better buy than the leather one. Even though my experience with the African goatskin has been very good, the price difference between the fabric one and the leather one is just too much. I can see why they have to charge the money for the leather but it's a no brainer to just get the fabric version. Or they could try to sew this one themselves in the fabric workshop and bring the overall price down to around 1200. 1800 they're pricing themselves out of the market unless they want to upgrade the brand but then the fabric ones would have to sell for 800 too to justify and that is too much for a fabric one.

cbez

One Too Many
Well the price is freenote in general. Their clearance section pants are over 200.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I actually like the back shoulder gusset, and I like the rivets on the front pleats as I did the same when ordering a custom type 2 denim jacket here in my country, i just don't like the straight boxy body it makes people look barrel shaped, perhaps this is a nod to chore coat aesthethic? I see a lot of the same jacket fit like this in my caountry too, perhaps it is a popular fit among present day denim heads that still around maybe, I'm never truly immersed into that vibe so I dislike shapeless torso.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner