Freewheelers Brakeman Coats

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by jon11, Dec 31, 2019.

1. jon11

jon11 One of the Regulars

Hello everyone, selling Two lightly used Freewheelers Brakeman coats in size 38”. Both made from Japanese Shinki horsehide. No 1 Rude black. No 2 Canyon Brown.

Both in excellent lightly used condition. The quality, stitching and attention to detail is really on another level.

The coats fit true to size in my opinion , but for reference my measurements are as follows ( approximate) Shoulders, 46cm, Chest 52.5cm, Arm length 63.5cm, Back length, 69.5cm.

Priced to sell £990 for each jacket plus shipping at cost. Would prefer Uk/EU deal to enable hassle free shipping. My email john.barr4@btopenworld.com I have sold here in the past with no issues. Thank you for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  2. MemphisBlues

MemphisBlues One of the Regulars

Holy shit those are some good deals. If only these fit me. Oh well. Good luck with the sale.

belfastboy likes this.
  3. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

Very very cool jackets, but they’re kid sized... again(
    Would like them both to be in size 42/44! Esp. a brown one) Very like it, what a beaut!

4. Big Steve

Big Steve One of the Regulars

Or a tall sized 46XLT !!

jonesy86 likes this.
  5. MemphisBlues

MemphisBlues One of the Regulars

Freewheelers size 46 is pretty limited. I have two size 44s that were hard enough to come by. This is the sort of brand that if you want to wear, you'll have to lose weight to get.

Dr H likes this.
  6. Big Steve

Big Steve One of the Regulars

Its not so much the weight as the length. I'm tall 6'6'. Sleeve length = always hard to get.

7. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Could you provide the chest measurement for the brown one if possible?

8. jon11

Pit to Pit jacket buttoned ? If that’s what you require I will do tomorrow if that’s ok as jacket is at home. J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  9. jon11

52.5cm pit to pit and all other measurements correct for both jackets. Thanks

10. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

Beautiful, unfortunately, one size too small. GLWS.

11. jon11

Canyon Brakeman sold pending funds. Rude black still available. Thank you

12. Robbie79

Robbie79 Practically Family

I couldn’t resist and can’t wait to receive it soon even if I haven’t really planned to buy a leather jacket now but due to the fact that FW jackets are rare in the EU (no 25% VAT+import duty) it was an easy decision...I was more looking for a black Switchyard and hope that the Canyon brown Brakeman looks (and fits) as good as the Switchyard.

Colin G likes this.
  13. jon11

Freewheelers Canyon Brakeman on its way to its new owner.

14. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Please let me know how it fits you once it arrives. I recall we are pretty close in height and weight and the only reason I havent gotten the rude black one yet is because I am not sure I can fit into it.

15. jon11

If you are a regular 38” it fits perfectly even over a thin sweater. These jackets can’t speak highly enough regarding quality and attention to detail. Thank you

16. jon11

At the time of purchase I was between 38/40 and it was a perfect if that’s any use to you regarding fit. I am 5ft 10” and my weight at that time was 11st 8Lbs.

17. Robbie79

Robbie79 Practically Family

Yes, for sure, will do once I received the jacket.

18. Dr H

Dr H One Too Many

Excellent news John, IMHO the Rude Black hide is a real beauty and is a bargain at this price.

19. jon11

Thank you certainly is. Both jackets I love and are in excellent condition but unfortunately I haven’t worn in recent times so what better than like minded people take the advantage who will wear them regularly. The character of the leather and smell is something else. These are special.

20. Dr H

Dr H One Too Many

I’ve had a lot of extra-forum contact with John over several years and he’s a very honest, trustworthy, and enthusiastic FW jacket collector. You won’t be disappointed with the quality/condition of these superb jackets.