Freewheelers Mulholland jacket Black Size 36 for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Ben1111, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Ben1111

Ben1111 New in Town

I purchased this one new on ZenMarket from japan several months ago. It is such a beautiful jacket with impeccable build quality and one piece back. I still like it a lot. However, I overestimated myself in taming a horsehide jacket. Shinki is much pliable compared to some other horsehides but still to me it is painful to break it in. It has been sitting in my closet for a long time and it is time to find it a new home.

Asking $2100 + shipping to anywhere in US.

Size inch cm
    chest: 20.08 51
    Length: 22.83 58
    Shoulder: 17.32 44
    Sleeve: 24.02 61

Attached Files:

• 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      132.8 KB
      Views:
    • 11.JPG
      11.JPG
      File size:
      172.2 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      155.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      121.2 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      201.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      197.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      258.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      160.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      217.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      114.1 KB
      Views:
    Robbie79 likes this.
  2. bien

bien New in Town

3. Maxwell Von Chesapeake

Maxwell Von Chesapeake One of the Regulars

Haha...size, yes. Style, no. A beautiful jacket, though.

4. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

this fits you so well, it would be a shame to move it on right away. you can massage/knead it to get more pliable. it will be worth it

5. Ben1111

Ben1111 New in Town

Thanks man! I still like it. maybe I should give it more time. even heard about soaking it in water to make it softer and more pliable. But I just could not do it to such a beautiful jacket:). Will leave the break in process to its future owner. Not in a hurry to sell it though.

Jin431 likes this.
  6. bien

bien New in Town

dont soak it

7. Ben1111

Ben1111 New in Town

right. I would not. Hope the future owner do the same.

8. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

just wearing it will slowly break it in, also massaging/kneading the leather will help. you can also try to wear the jacket zipped up and raise your arm forwards/over the shoulder/sideways/bend the elbows repeatedly as you can tolerate it to slowly soften the seams and increase range of motion. if you do that regularly and wear it 1-2 hrs each day then the jacket should break in in a few weeks time and fully over the course of a few months. I also find setting the creases on the cuffs help tremendously since the leather tends to dig in the back of the hands.

I also have the black 2021 Mulholland and it's pretty significant in weight and thickness (it certainly feels thicker than my 3.5 oz CXL jacket) so I get where you are coming from but give it a good wear this Fall/Winter and it should relax a lot by then.

Here is a photo of a brown one that has a few years of wear on it compared to a new black one. It will get more comfortable with time but you need to earn it.
    IMG_6639.jpg

9. Ben1111

Ben1111 New in Town

Thanks Jin for the tips:) Wow, mulholland jackets fit you very well. The brown one definitely looks more broken in and comfortable. Wearing it 1-2 hrs each day can be quite a workout:) And like you said, one has to earn it.

Jin431 likes this.
  10. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

for sure the brown one is easier to wear and more comfortable, I find the black jacket tight in the armhole/sleeves but I'm sure it will stretch out with more wear and with time. 1-2 hrs is easy I'm sure it's doable, you don't have to wear it continuously right away. Take breaks in between and then increase the duration of wear and frequency of wear once it gets more comfy to wear. give it some time, I can tell yours fit superbly and it's a grail jacket that will only look better and better as it gets older and has more wear and you'll appreciate more down the line

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Robbie79 and Ben1111 like this.
  11. Ben1111

Ben1111 New in Town

After reading your comments, it really reignited my passion to keep wearing this jacket. Hahaha, I'm torn between selling it and keeping it now. Let me give it more thoughts. Or maybe I should sell my other chrome tanned fashion leather jackets (like sheepskin jackets that do not need breakin and are comfortable from beginning) and keep this one and give it more wearing time.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Jin431 and Robbie79 like this.
  12. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

I agree with @Jin431 !! I was searching for one >2 years and can’t wait to receive my grail jacket…if it fits I will probably never sell it (maybe when I’m 70 or 80 haha). This jacket is so unique and if I was you I would rather sell the fashion jackets and would wear this jacket every day. I think you would regret selling it. But it’s your choice.
    Cheers
    Robbie

Ben1111 and Jin431 like this.
  13. Ben1111

Ben1111 New in Town

Thanks Robbie for the comments. Looks like its time to let go of my allsaints and johvarvatos.

Robbie79 likes this.
  14. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

you can do it man. it will be worth it for sure, just needs some time and wear then you'll be golden. if there's a keeper then it's that jacket for sure but I would keep 1 chrome tanned jacket to use for foul weather days. just so you don't have to be too worried with the expensive Mulholland even if its a little water repellent some due to the waxy/oily finish it will still get wet with enough exposure to rain

congrats again brother I hope you get your jacket soon and I'm thinking this should be a perfect fit for you

Ben1111 and Robbie79 like this.
  15. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

At least keep it as art. Stunning jacket.

Jin431 likes this.
  16. Merv

Merv A-List Customer

Beai=utiful jacket! That tag though! "Highest Factory To You In California" translation? LOL!

Jin431 and Sabir Asaria like this.
  17. Ben1111

Ben1111 New in Town

Thanks man.

Jin431 and JMax like this.
  18. Ben1111

Ben1111 New in Town

Lol, please let freewheelers know ;)

Jin431 likes this.
  19. brokenglass

brokenglass New in Town

Basing this only on what I've seen/read online because I haven't handled either, but if I could have only 2 "modern" jackets it would be this one and a brown real mccoy's jh1.

Your jacket is one I've been hunting, though I was hoping to find someone ready to throw theirs away, and 36 is my size. If you ultimately decide to sell it, let me know.

Jin431 likes this.
  20. Ben1111

Ben1111 New in Town

Thanks for your interest. Will let you know if I decided to sell it.

Jin431 likes this.