Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers Mulholland (Spartan Leathers Sportwear Repro)

Do you have pics of old Spartan Leathers? I have never seen any, would love to see them.

Unfortunately no. They were jackets I have seen on eBay. Inexpensive. Typical perfecto, CHP, biker type knockoffs. Usually claimed by the seller to be “vintage” 90s or so. Likely Water Buffalo hides. That type of gear. Not bad really, but not what folks here gravitate towards.

A couple of them are shown in the Rin Tanaca books.

I did not know this. I need to double check the books. The only vintage jackets I recall with warriors on it is Trojan and the one with the medieval knight on the label, Lancers? I can’t recall right now. Out of Phoenix I think. Nice CHPs though.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Congrats on getting your first FW leather @Superfluous! I know you wanted one for a very long time and you couldn't have done better. Fits brilliantly! Kinda makes me wish I didn't sell mine to @Jin431 :p although he wears it better than I ever did. I'll find one in my size eventually.

@Superfluous has so many grail level jackets and this is definitely up there with his finest fits. @jeo I'm forever grateful and in your care! Thanks again man! Ill bring it to Utah with me and hopefully I can wear it there this weekend

Seank

A-List Customer
I believe I am probably the first person to express interest in the Muholland here many years ago. After all these years and looking at all these proud owners of the Muhollands, I am the one that got left behind:(.
They still make/sell them ;)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
My Rin Tanak books are still in the UK...
Do they have the same label as what FW uses? Cause that label is very similar to the Trojan Label.
2D2225B8-2A54-4988-850F-D9FBEC6A2C02.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Spartan 01.JPG

The Spartan label created by FW was clearly derived from the Trojan label. The similarities include: (1) a Greek soldier wearing a helmet in the same location on both labels; (2) the Trojan label appears to state "Largest Factory to You in" and the Spartan label states "Highest Factory to You in Calif"; (3) both labels have the name of the city at the bottom, with a solid line following the city name; (4) both labels incorporate "Leather Sportwear" in the name; (5) "Trojan" and "Sparta" both derive from Greek mythology; and (6) both labels are orange against black.

@Carlos840 is clearly right that FW was inspired by the Trojan label, but elected to make a couple of small changes (perhaps for trademark purposes).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21