Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheeler's Neal Cassay Brakeman coat

jon11

A-List Customer
Has any you guys any experience of the Neal Cassady Brakeman Rail jacket in Horsehide by Freewheelers Japan. Want to know how they run in size, accurate or otherwise. What I do know they are an expensive piece of kit. Any help greatly appreciated.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One of my favorite jackets. Great cut and simple lines. Shinki HH. I have other FW products, including a wool jacket, and the quality is tremendous. FW just re-released the black Brakeman -- its gorgeous! I have never tried on a Brakeman and, therefore, I cannot speak to the sizing. As HM stated, Ismael is the FW expert and I think he has tried on a Brakeman.

Blackadder

You can find the measurements on Rakuten.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/banana-f/item/1502940/
I also find this
http://blog.livedoor.jp/mcfly_store/archives/50771290.html
Shoulder width / Chest / Length / Sleeves
Size 34 肩幅43.0cm 身幅48.0cm 着丈66.0cm 袖丈62.0cm
Size 36 肩幅44.0cm 身幅51.0cm 着丈67.5cm 袖丈63.0cm
Size 38 肩幅46.0cm 身幅53.0cm 着丈70.5cm 袖丈65.0cm
Size 40 肩幅47.5cm 身幅55.0cm 着丈70.5cm 袖丈65.0cm

Ishmael

Practically Family
Having never owned one, it's hard to think of myself as an expert on the topic. As everyone has stated. The brakeman is indeed a great jacket. Quality hide, construction and details. The latter being what sets it apart from the rest. All comes down to whether you like the style and color of the brakeman, and whether you want the top class details. Some people don't like the back seam, for example. Two standard colors are russet and black, some people don't like either. Mirrorball has also been doing an Auburn version and a lot of guys round the internet have their hopes up they'll be doing it again.

http://the-rising.co.jp/?action=item_detail&id=604

Size wise, think you just need to look at the measurements and see if they work for you. I'm usually a 40 or 42 in jackets and the 42 brakeman fits me well.

The Switchyard is a beauty too!
kK3ivnG.jpg

Superfluous

The FW Brakeman is currently available through several Japanese retailers. In fact, it was just re-released in both black and brown. If I didn't already own a Himel Canuck (two), I would definitely own the FW Brakeman. In fact, I have contemplated buying a Brakeman several times notwithstanding my Canucks, and recently bid on one through Yahoo Auctions, but was outbid at the last second.

Rakuten reliable?

Rakuten is akin to E-Bay . . . it is merely a shopping mall. Therefore, reliability depends on the particular seller. I have had very good experiences buying through Rakuten -- I had one sour experience (inaccurate posted dimensions), but Paypal facilitated a full refund (Rakuten was not helpful in this process).

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Rakuten is akin to E-Bay . . . it is merely a shopping mall. Therefore, reliability depends on the particular seller. I have had very good experiences buying through Rakuten -- I had one sour experience (inaccurate posted dimensions), but Paypal facilitated a full refund (Rakuten was not helpful in this process).

+1 My experiences have been broadly positive - a couple of times I've been sent stuff without charge! - only once did they not even acknowledge the order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana