Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Schriner & Umer Gentlemans Shoes

Bugguy

Practically Family
I came across these in an on-line auction (active till 2/5/13 @ ~ 8 PM ET) and am not familiar with French Schriner & Umer. Unfortunately, my dainty feet don't come anywhere near 9 1/2. But, the look really appeals to me - basically, I wish I owned a pair. Now I need to begin looking on Ebay plus doing some research on vintage shoes. I sure hope gentlemen had big feet back when...

http://bid.ebth.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?ebth183/236/showall

Foxer55

A-List Customer
I believe you mean French, Shriner and Urner. Damn good shoes in their day. It was the first pair of dress Cordovans I bought in Philadelphia when I was in the Civil Air Patrol, about 1958. I think I paid around $30 for them. They were always comparable to Florsheim.

Bugguy

Practically Family
You're correct. I've done some reading and they're really nice. As usual, auction folks don't always have it right. Thanks for correcting me. I still wish they were my size. $30 was prettry pricey back then - like Allen Edmonds, they were made to last.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21