Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fringe episode "Brown Betty" 4/8/2011 Fedora Friday

wing-nut

New in Town
Last night the TV show Fringe was a rerun of season 2 episode 20 "Brown Betty" where the story line included Dr. Walter Bishop telling a story loosely based in the fedora era. Almost all of the characters can be seen wearing awesome hats and decent costumes The film noir episode was not the usual weird story for Fringe fans, but it was interesting to see the characters step out of their normal roles to tell a tongue in cheek spoof. Check it out on sites like Hulu.

[video=youtube;SMTJ2AJSGyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMTJ2AJSGyw[/video]

hatflick1

Practically Family
Fringe fedoras

Thanks for sharing.
Great promo and lots of vinatge hats featured.
I need to check this show out.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The wacky thing is that Walter's mind is scrambled, so he jumbles up eras in an illogical logical way, with Broyles in noir gear tapping out on the 88 what sounds like Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys, and telephones and cars and clothing from different eras mixed all together.

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
The wacky thing is that Walter's mind is scrambled, so he jumbles up eras in an illogical logical way, with Broyles in noir gear tapping out on the 88 what sounds like Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys, and telephones and cars and clothing from different eras mixed all together.
Still old Walter does pretty well for someone whose had parts of his brain removed and has taken more drugs than Reverend Jim from Taxi.

Cliff

Last edited:

Warbaby

One Too Many
Since we don't watch TV - just movies on DVD - we've been watching a few TV series lately, including Fringe. Just a couple of nights ago we watched the Brown Betty episode. I thought it was very well done, and I particularly liked the mix of eras. I've never seen that done before.

animator

One of the Regulars
Off the topic -but that taxi scene is one of my all time favorites! Thanks, RBH!

The Fringe show looks great, too.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Joshua Jackson looks suprisingly right for that time period.

Sincerely,
The Wolf
I ran across part of that not long ago, and have caught the occasional "Fringe" episode since. He's astonishingly versatile and believable, and his hat and suit in this ep worked really well.

Amazing how far the teen stars of "Dawson's Creek" have come in 14 years, huh? Michelle Williams being considered for an Oscar, Jackson a thoroughgoing action hero, and Katie Holmes part of a "power couple," married to Tom Cruise. (Only "Dawson" himself, James van der Beek, seems to have vanished from the airwaves. . . .)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ