Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

From old to new

58panheadfan

One Too Many
After all these years, I recently decided to reproduce my beloved Penney's original 50's Jacket form a local tailor in cord. I think the seamstress did a good job :) (Of course she could do the lower back pocket also, but I wanted something different).

Edit: Some features
Body: European Cord, brown
Lining: Cashmere/Wool blend
Hardware: riri-Zipper, NOS 30's Fisheye Buttons
Reinforcements on: Neck, Hem, special end of Zipper construction (like the original one), Storm cuffs

It would be great to see more of these kind of transformation in this thread...

PMWJ5462.JPG

VYQU6454.JPG

HRLO8932.JPG

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That cord jacket is really cool. Corduroy is probably my favourite jacket material. What type of cord did she use, English or European?

58panheadfan

One Too Many
That cord jacket is really cool. Corduroy is probably my favourite jacket material. What type of cord did she use, English or European?

Thank you Sir! Thanks goes to the maker ;) See "edit" in OP above, added some infos about materials which were used. It was important to me, using only "organic" materials no synthetic fibers...

Both are extremely cool. Would be great to see some fit photos of both. I've always loved those hunting/mackinaw coats. Very cool project with great results. Hard to decide which I like more!
I had mind to do this with a vintage Kehoe CR at one point but feared the rebuild would somehow get lost in translation. Your project seemed to really keep, and even build upon what made your original so nice. Well done!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brilliant. It's taken me years to train my tailor to copy my vintage suits, which I now wear only on special occasions - and even then he still put a plastic zipper in a pair of otherwise incredibly faithful-to-the-1940s-original trousers he made a couple of years back! I'd still like to have him reproduce a 40s-style gab jacket for me. Your success with the Pennys jacket inspires me to go ahead next autumn. Like all the articles from your wardrobe you've shown us here, it looks A+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto