Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frye Boots discounted at hautelook.com

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Various styles, up to 55% off. I picked up a pair of Trench Combat Shearling boots at 56% off, in the color I wanted, and in my size, and it was the only place I could find them, the sale price making it the icing on the cake.

While I've been hearing in recent years that Frye have fallen off in terms of quality/value since they started offshoring production a few years ago, the particular pair I received appear to be well made and designed, true to size, and for the discounted price, a good value.

Lots of styles, size availability varies.

https://www.hautelook.com/events/346592

12389450.jpg

FlatCap99

One of the Regulars
I tend to agree with Guppy, I think there are still some good Frye's to be had out there, but we just ordered a pair for my wife and were really disappointed in them and she has owned multiple pairs as have I. I still love my Frye Sam boots though. They are a perfect 30s 40s style throwback boot with a great antique color, but I wear them sparingly since they aren't goodyear welted and have strange rubber inserts in the sole. I wish they left it all uniform to I could apply sole protectors to keep them going as long as possible. Their top tier stuff still seems to be well made, but I feel like they are also trying to hit a more budget market as well, but as long as they offer a little of everything, that isn't a bad thing.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I guess the "event" is over, but they still have stock on deep discount.

https://www.hautelook.com/shop/search?query=frye boots&division=Men&department=Shoes&class=Boots
I just noticed this thread. I keep my eye out on ebay for Frye boots, as I've found one guy who sells new Fryes at a pretty reasonable price. I've gotten a couple of pairs, most recently the Addison buckled engineer boots in Horween leather for $210.00.. You have to be careful, though: I noticed other sellers offering what looked like the same boots, and they were apparently made by Frye, but if you looked closely it wasn't Horween and they didn't have the Vibram soles. Frye has two different production lines, one in the US and the other in Mexico, the latter making their cheaper versions. Still, I love the Addisons and you can find good deals if you look. I'm trying to decide right now about a pair of belted harness boots also going for $210.00. Anyway, best of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB