Fs 1940-50s hh taubers of California police jacket

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by John D Maccarter, May 3, 2019.

1. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter Practically Family

I took a chance on this jacket hoping for the best but unfortunately it is small for me. It is a cool jacket. It is in good condition. It does have obvious signs of wear, and aging, mostly on the cuffs, a little on the sleeves. The lining, pockets, and zippers are all in great condition. Talon throughout. Cord in collar, storm cuffs.A few loose threads can be seen. Please ask anything asking what I paid 500 pp f&f free shipping. Conus.

P2p 23
    Should2should 19
    Sleeve 23.5
    Boc2hem 25
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dannyk, Bennarion, JMax and 2 others like this.
  2. John D Maccarter

For reference I'm 5"10 205 right now

tmitchell59 likes this.
  3. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

Nice looking jacket. I've got one very similar I really enjoy. Mine is not in this nice of condition, though.

dannyk and JMax like this.
  4. Bern1

Bern1 One of the Regulars

Beautiful! Not quite my size but I’m sure this will fit somebody here!

5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Man that's a beauty...if the sleeves were about 4" longer we'd be exchanging cash for leather...that collar is divine.

6. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

Thinking almost the same Ton)

Terry, what length do your Taubers' sleeves have? Are they on a short side too?

This jacket above is very very nice and is in a rare 44 size, but its sleeves look unusually too much short, esp. for its size.

7. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

I did not look at John's measurements. He may need to re-do, those numbers do not look correct. No, I've owned two and both had 25 inch sleeves. I think there may be a measurement error.

Neither of mine had lining this nice.

Lebowski likes this.
  8. John D Maccarter

I will re-measure the sleeves, I was thinking the same thing honestly that 23.5 was short. I will also do a fit pic

tmitchell59 and Lebowski like this.
  9. Lebowski

Thanks Terry, I think the same way.

John, yes please!

10. John D Maccarter

Thanks Terry, your judgement is money

Lebowski likes this.
  11. John D Maccarter

So I re measured and got 24.5 and then 25.5 around the sleeve

tmitchell59 likes this.
  12. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

Nice looking jacket. I’d be seriously interested if it were a smaller size. Taubers jackets seem to have shorter sleeves in general.

13. trapp

trapp Practically Family

Nice jacket. I've never seen a Tauber's with such an old label and the words 'Nob Hill' on it. The condition looks marvelous.

14. John D Maccarter

If the sleeve was .5 -1 inch longer I would not be in the middle of uncertainty. I forgot my belt so my jeans are not in the appropriate place that I wear them. The cuffs are buttoned in most of the pics, in a few they are unbuttoned. The sides have the option to really krank them down to wear the jacket fitted around the waist I have the sides loose. The storm cuffs dont reach down as far as I would like either, I am starting to get on the fence honestly, second guessing if I still want to sell it. I put 500 and free shipping, I paid 500 and the 15 for shipping. I think i could put it on Ebay and get 6, or I can keep it, we"ll see what happens soon.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

dannyk likes this.
  15. John D Maccarter

Your def right, I'm bummed about the sleeves myself but I'm on the fence about selling honestly, I just want it to work

16. John D Maccarter

Thx, Terry has a jacket with the same label

17. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Oh yeah we’ve all been there. Vintage stuff gives me fits because as much as I love it, and I really do, I can rarely wear it. The sizing just doesn’t work. It’s taken me many, many years to accept that. This is a beautiful jacket though and it will work for someone. I’m sure of that.

Lebowski likes this.
  18. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

To my eye, this looks good. Cinch the waist a bit and for a vintage Taubers Police jacket in this size and condition it’s a home run. I would keep it but I am faithful and loyal to a fault, or so I am told lol.

19. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

You do know you can point the camera at yourself? You don't actually need a bathroom mirror!

Seriously though i think its a great fit, sleeves are just right, i would wear that.

20. Lebowski

With all my respect Sir - it's still much more informative that the way you've just suggested, 'cause it doesn't distort proportions (as most selfie photos via pointing camera at themselves) so it gives better the whole idea how the jacket fits. That's the point.
    As for the jacket - you're absolutely right, I'd also suggest to keep this jacket, it fits John very nice.