Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1940's Penney's Horsehide Civilian Half-belt Jacket Sz40

Here is jacket #2 for sale:
Nicki Gluck-0003.jpg

It's a 1940's Penney's Horsehide cycle/ sport jacket. The same model was offered by Sportclad, the other Penney's brand at the time.
It has all of the original parts and is in pretty good shape. The liner is original and has a couple holes, but all the leather seams are sound as are the pockets.
Zippers are solid and all work.
I love the buttons!
Labeled as a 40, this one runs slightly larger so please check your measurements.

Pit-to-pit: 22.5"
shoulder-to-shoulder: 18.5"
sleeve: 25.5" (following the curve slightly)
Back length: 26.5" (neck seam down to hem)

Asking $225 + shipping

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Very, very nice. Just too small for me.

I think it is a bargain. Folks here can wear this size and are paying 5X for a new jacket.

I did not know that Sportclad was a Penny brand, thanks.

I have a Monarch with the same green lining, perhaps they were the maker.

How are the shoulders, hanger wear?

Thanks, Terry

Sportclad is to Penney's as Hercules was to Sears. Montgomery Wards had Windward. Seems all the major dept stores of the day had different brands going.
I believe a previous owner carried a messenger bag which is why the right shoulder is a bit more "relaxed". It is too big for me, but if you've got the correct shoulder span it shouldn't be a problem....

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Eric, this is killin me. Specs are about perfect for me and I'd love to help out in the GW charity dept, but sadly I'm strapped right now.

Best of luck bro

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112