Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1952 UK Civil Defense Greatcoat Sz.38 dark navy

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I'm well stocked up on overcoats, so with the winter approaching I'm putting up for sale this C.D. Greatcoat in dark navy.
If there are no takers I'll be happy to keep it, it's just that I don't actually need it anymore.

Measurements:
chest: 21"
shoulder width (outer/uppermost seam, not further below toward the shoulder blades): 18.5"
sleeve length (from that same outer/uppermost shoulder seam): 24.75"
back length (from base of neck to hem): 46.5"

Fits best a 37-38" chest with a suit or thick sweater underneath.

Specs:
VERY heavyweight wool outer with a wool half liner that goes further down than usual. Ask for pics.
Built like a tank, will last a lifetime.

Condition:
Almost like new and no smells. Recently dry-cleaned by an excellent cleaner.
One tiny hole (see closeup) on the left collar that only extends to the first layer of cloth (doesn't even go halfway through) and could be mended easily. I didn't even bother, it's very inconspicuous.
No other issues. My tailor thought the thing was new, not vintage!

$120 plus shipping from Germany

Shipping cost depends on weight (under/over 5kg, can't tell as I haven't weighted the coat):
Germany: $9 (EUR 7)
EU: $22/ $28 (EUR 17/ EUR 22)
US: $47/ $62

u1d46D9.jpg

Note: The image above was taken in a high angle shot (= camera pointing down a bit), so the upper half looks more massive and the lower half shorter than it really is. The original seller's pic just below shows the coat in its actual proportions (note the hight of the belt position in relation to total length).

fC6WOXN.jpg

sr5RcYS.jpg

w1dPZXR.jpg

Last edited:

HM989

New in Town
Hi there, I know this is a really old post but I thought I'd ask anyway, do you want to sell this great coat now? Thanks

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I am in selling mode, though. If you're looking for something, PM me. Lots of 30s-40s vintage clothing of all types.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
I am in selling mode, though. If you're looking for something, PM me. Lots of 30s-40s vintage clothing of all types.
Leather jackets? Hats? WWI, WWII trousers? Leather belts and bags from that period, military incl? That's all might be interesting, but need photos.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Leather jackets? Hats? WWI, WWII trousers? Leather belts and bags from that period, military incl? That's all might be interesting, but need photos.

1930s-40s leather jackets in sizes 36 and 38, 1930s-40s vintage hats size US 7 1/8 and 7 1/4, militaria not that much but all are in jacket size 36-38 (trousers to fit 30" waist). Leather belts and bags, those have sold already.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
1930s-40s leather jackets in sizes 36 and 38, 1930s-40s vintage hats size US 7 1/8 and 7 1/4, militaria not that much but all are in jacket size 36-38 (trousers to fit 30" waist). Leather belts and bags, those have sold already.
Why not to give some links to those items? Would also like to see some photos of each with more detailed info.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Why not to give some links to those items? Would also like to see some photos of each with more detailed info.

I haven't listed these anywhere yet. I'm in the middle of a household clearance while also selling off a few of my vintage pieces, and alll of this will take time. At the moment I'm working through this on a specific-requests-first basis. It's a question of available spare time. My reducing the vintage clothing and leather jacket department is only part of that effort.
I will keep the Lounge updated as soon as stuff goes public on eBay unless it goes to the Lounge Classifieds first.

HM989

New in Town
No worries, thank you. There are only a few odd items I would like to complete some of my uniforms. Any ATS or QAIMNS wear is of interest. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner