Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 2nd Batch......

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Akubra Airstream. I believe from the 50's? Very unusual lid, color is a nice olive drab green and it has 2 rows of perforation under the knitted band. Pocket light, (no liner). Crown is 4 3/4 creased. Brim is bound with a 3/16" grosgrain, 2 3/8" overall. Band is a very unusual, almost crocheted like at 1 1/4". Sweatband is a mere 1". Size 7.

Last edited:

bolthead

Next up is a French lid, made in Paris. Unfortunately I cant make out the manufacturer on the liner, maybe someone else might have better luck? Beautiful dark green felt with black velour pugaree and black velour bound edge on the brim. Very stingy, but very cool lid.

Crown is 4 3/4" creased. Brim is a mere 1 3/8", bound edge is 1/4". ribbon is 1 3/8". Sweatband is 1 5/8" and perfect condition. Beautiful bronze colored pleated liner. Size 7, fits like a 6 7/8 though.
[URL=http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/Bolthead13/media/Lids%204%20Sale/DSC_0905_zpsf9kzoxnr.jpg.html]
DSC_0903_zpszv6wkaih.jpg
[/URL]

bolthead

Dobbs Game Bird Fifteen. Size 7. Two toned, brim is a darker shade of brown, where the crown is lighter. Once again, a very unique one way ribbon.

Crown is 4 1/4" creased. Brim is 2" with an underwelt. Ribbon is 1 3/4", and the sweatband is a beautiful alligator leather at 1 3/4" and in perfect condition.

bolthead

.....last in this batch is a Stetson Gun Club. size 7, but fits like a 6 7/8. Other than some scribble on the liner under the sweat, this lid is in excellent condition.
Crown is 4 1/8" creased (teardrop). Brim is 2" with an underwelt. Ribbon is 1 7/8", and the sweatband is just shy of 2".

Edward

Bartender
Nice hats. The Akubra is particularly interesting: the ribbon on that one reminds me a lot of the sort of thing I've seen pictures of Sinatra wearing on his hats circa early 1950s.

bolthead

Akubra Airstream. I believe from the 50's? Very unusual lid, color is a nice olive drab green and it has 2 rows of perforation under the knitted band. Pocket light, (no liner). Crown is 4 3/4 creased. Brim is bound with a 3/16" grosgrain, 2 3/8" overall. Band is a very unusual, almost crocheted like at 1 1/4". Sweatband is a mere 1". Size 7.

Akubra SOLD!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112