Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS A Super Portis Super-Lux - size 7

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Here's a Portis Super-Lux that I'll offer here before eBay - I'd much rather a fellow lounger give a good home to this fantastic hat, than some random person get hold of it.

The hat is in really nice shape and an interesting felt colour that seems to be a combination of Silverbelly, light grey and light brown. The typically cool Portis ribbon is a greenish grey.

The brim is 2 1/2 inches wide and the open crown would be about 5 3/4 - nice dimensions. The size is marked as 7 and the hat fits me nicely; I'm between 7 and 7 1/8.

Price (shipped in Continental US of A) is $87.00. Send me a PM if you'd like to add this stylish hat to your collection.

D329556-L.jpg

D329562-L.jpg

D329559-L.jpg

D329566-L.jpg

D329567-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, it is a beautiful hat and is just about in perfect shape.

The only reason I want to sell is that the colour doesn't really work for me. I have another Portis in Dove Grey that isn't in such good shape but I'm more of a grey hat guy - that's the one I'll be keeping.

doukhobar

New in Town
You are also an awesome photographer. The hat looks just amazing in these pictures. I also have a Portis I bought from another lounge member in traditional tan/khaki which has gotten some great use. I find Portis to be a rather under rated and rarish brand. I think mine is a little older than this one here. Is your foldable Borsalino also a size 7? That is such a sweet find in your size and in that condition. How old do you think that hat is?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, I like to photograph the hats - they stay still a lot better than my usual brides and bridesmaids tend to.

The rollable Borsalino is a size 5 which I believe equates to 7 1/8 US. I really have no idea on the age.

Oh, the Portis is off to eBay tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko