Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero Merino Irvin Battle of Britain model size 42

Mulceber

Practically Family
This one's here just in time for you to get yourself a last-minute Christmas gift. Fly-weight Irvins have received a lot of attention lately, thanks to Eastman's release of their model, although Aero beat them to the punch early this year. There's a very nice review of both companies' offerings by John Lever and B-Man2 over on the VLJ. I bought this jacket last year and it's a good fit, and the merino shearling is luxurious. This is a very easy jacket to wear. The finish on the outside is likewise spectacular. The reason I'm selling this jacket is that I didn't know it was a fly-weight model when I bought it (Aero wasn't billing it as such back then), and light weight shearling isn't much use in Michigan - there have been winter days since I moved here that were comparable to the temperatures bomber pilots encountered on their missions (I'm actually not joking). This jacket has been worn 3-4 times and has no wear on it. It might as well be new out of the box. It's even still got the original tags.

Measurements are as follows (I'll attach pics of me measuring the jacket as well):
pit-to-pit: 23 inches / 58.5 cm
shoulders: 19 inches / 48.3 cm
length: 25.5 inches / 64.8 cm
sleeves: 26 inches / 66 cm

If you bought one of these new, you'd be looking at a ~4 month wait, and would be paying £900 ( = $1200 at present exchange rates). And that's before dealing with shipping and customs, which could easily add a couple hundred dollars to that total. I'm looking to sell mine for $975 shipped in CONUS. Payment to be made via Paypal friends and family. I'd rather sell within the US, but will sell abroad as well. Folks abroad can buy it for $950 + whatever shipping ends up coming to. I've posted this one over on the Vintage Leather Jackets forum as well.

(photos taken today, apart from the fit pics and the measurement pics)
wPG1RVz.jpg

nAofRTz.jpg

TKa1dOE.jpg

o0z6nAz.jpg

socuji2.jpg

fyxjMmG.jpg

8yNmGAg.jpg

u0RIKxq.jpg

And here's a fun pic of my wife modelling it as well
1Cn9Dtt.jpg

Last edited:

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Trade you my Aero Blizzard with similar measurements. excellent late fall winter jacket. Wool blanket lined, cord cuffs, toasty collar

40E71DE9-31E9-4956-B927-EBDB784BB0B2.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk