Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Badalassi Aero Seven (Board racer with Highwayman collar) size 44

imc

New in Town
Up for sale is an as new Aero tobacco badalassi Seven with a Highwayman collar, V yoke, two horizontal chest pockets, two handwarmer pockets, left inside pocket, OD stitching and lined with a lightweight Lochcarron MacFarlane hunting ancient tartan.

I am a tall guy (6’5’’) and placed an order for this jacket with Thurston Bros in October 2020 and received it in May. My aim was to buy one jacket and one jacket only, happy to spend years breaking it in and enjoying it…

In January (prior to the jacket arriving) I injured my back which resulted in a need for some fairly swift surgery. All went well; I’ve recovered but the outworking has been that I now don’t find comfortable wearing anything mildly heavy - a backpack, a heavy coat and regrettably this jacket.

The jacket is in as new condition. It has only been lightly worn, mostly inside – out of sheer determination to see if I could make it work. The only slightest thing of note is that the main talon zipper is still a little stiff, but I would say that is because it is still new and hasn’t yet had proper use.

There are the beginnings of some creases here and there, the lining is perfect and the smell of the badalassi is fantastic.

‘Regretted sale’ is likely an overused term, but I'm definitely feeling this one.

Measurements:

Tag size: 44
Armpit to armpit: 58cm / 23"
Shoulder width: 47 cm / 18.5"
Hem: 51 cm / 20"
Sleeve length (in a curve from shoulder to end of sleeve) 69.8cm/27.5’’
Back length (without collar): 70.1cm / 27 6/8’’

Looking for USD850. PayPal, Friends/Family. Shipping is from Australia, which is unfortunately not inexpensive for those of you used to more reasonable US and European rates. You all well know the cost of a custom Thurston Bros jacket, in particular in badalassi, so I feel that USD850 is very fair noting that international postage from Australia will make the final amount higher.

Any questions please just ask. Thanks!

Jacket_front.jpg
Jacket_front_detail.jpg
Jacket_side1.jpg
Jacket_side2.jpg
Jacket_sleeve_detail.jpg
Jacket-label44.jpg
Jacket_length.jpg
Jacket_pittopit.jpg
Jacket_shoulders.jpg
Jacket_front.jpg
Jacket_lining.jpg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finally, a jacket that is on target from a sizing standpoint and then the shoulder is a good inch too narrow and I'm in Europe. Such a bad luck.
I'm 6.5 too ;-)

Good luck for sale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21