Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Bill Kelso Monarch A-2 Jacket Size 44

robster59

New in Town
I'm selling my Bill Kelso reproduction of the Monarch A-2 flight jacket in size 44. The jacket is made in their seal Liberty Horsehide. The zipper is their standard repro Talon. This repro faithfully includes all the nuances of the Monarch contract, including the long rounded collar tips, the typographically varied Monarch label, the somewhat long pocket flaps, and, perhaps most notably, the rotated inset sleeve seams, which allow for greater freedom in arm movement as compared to most other contracts. The last image depicts the rotated inset sleeve seams.

As is typical of A-2 jackets, the size runs slightly small, more like a modern size 42. I'm 5-11 and 170 with an athletic build and the jacket fits me perfectly, with room for a sweater. However, please review the measurements (in inches) to be sure it fits you:

epaulet: 7.125
chest 23.5 (with jacket completely flat)
torso (aligned with where the pocket starts) 22
torso (on the bottom where the knit waist band attaches) 20.25
sleeve (leather only) 23.125
knit cuff 2.5
sleeve (leather plus knit) 25.625
windflap 24
shoulders (measured in back) 19.375
across in back (equivalent to chest in front) 23.5
length in back including knit 25

The Bill Kelso website (billkelsomfg) has more information about this jacket. The jacket was worn maybe 10 times, shows only slight wear, and still has that wonderful new leather smell. It comes from a non-smoking household and doesn't have any "issues." There are no snags or holes inside or outside the knit waistband or cuffs. The jacket already shows great grain and character, and once the leather is broken in, it should look very much like an original Monarch A-2 jacket.

Asking price is $580, with buyer to include $20 for shipping and insurance for a grand total of $600. The jacket will be shipped by USPS Priority Mail and will be fully insured. Payment by PayPal. I'm new to the Fedora Lounge but have a perfect feedback rating of 247 on eBay under user name turtle865jdb. For now I'd prefer a CONUS sale. Thanks for looking!

front.jpg
back.jpg
pocket.jpg
tag.jpg
tags.jpg
sleeve.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24