FS: BNWT Pacific Cycle Cafe Racer (black size 40)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by danilo, Jan 23, 2018.

1. danilo

danilo New in Town

Hi all,

I bought this beautiful cafe racer from Thurston Brothers hoping it would fit, unfortunately the fit wasn't right on me (a bit too big) and I am unable to return it.

It's brand new with tags.

Price: $280 shipped CONUS

Private Message me for fastest response.

• Black buffalo leather (nice quality leather)
    • Cafe Racer style mandarin collar with double snap closure
    • YKK double main zipper
    • 2-zip chest pockets with ring zips
    • Zipper adjustable arms with ring zips
    • Interior pocket
    • Black lining
    Measurements:
    Shoulder - 19 inches
    Sleeve Length - 25.5 inches
    Shoulder - 19 inches
    Pit to pit - 22.5 inches
    Back length - 25.75 inches
    Waist - 19.5 inches

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamahana and AeroFan_07 like this.
  2. mendelboaz

mendelboaz Practically Family

If I didn't already have a Vanson Comet that I love to death, I would've jumped on this IMMEDIATELY! Somebody, get this!

3. danilo

danilo New in Town

Vanson Comet is a very nice jacket... may pick one of those up once I sell this one. Thanks for the kind words... it's really a fantastic jacket, I thought about trying to shrink it or something to get it to fit me better, but figured I'd rather not risk it and just get it to someone who it fits as intended.

4. chollie

chollie New in Town

Can I ask what your height/weight/chest/waist are? And how the fit is lacking for you? Curious how this would fit on me. Also, does this have shoulder gussets? From the photos I think maybe no, but hard to be sure. I think they sold models with and without them.

Thanks!

5. danilo

danilo New in Town

I don't think it has the shoulder gussets. I can check later on as well.

I'm 5'7 ~175lbs (currently a bit more with winter weight :D) I typically wear a size 38 jacket, I have athletic shoulders and a bit of a broad back. I had originally bought a size 38 British Cafe Racer from Thurston and it fit like a very tight glove... a bit too tight for me, it was just a bit too snug for me and I returned and exchanged for this size 40 Cafe Racer, which is just too big, the back/shoulders etc fit too big. And I've simply run out of options on exchanging - hence the sale. Not really trying to make any money just trying to get back some of what I've lost in the purchase/exchange/shipping process.

Here's my fit pic on the size 38 British Racer that Thurston threw up on their instagram, I think if I would have broken that one in, it may have been ok. But I still like the simpler design on the normal Cafe Racer without the quilted patches.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba_2yX8HePS/?taken-by=thurstonbros

6. ai00344

ai00344 One of the Regulars

The fit on that 38 looks perfect. I hear you on the quilted patches however.

7. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

These are nice jackets, I tried a few on when Thurston's still had their store. Plus the styling is very correct for a Cafe Racer. This one would be rather small for me, but it you can fit it, jump on this deal! Very nice piece of leather that will last a long time...

8. danilo

danilo New in Town

yeah, trust me, I wish it fit me. It ticks pretty much every box I'd need for a cafe racer and at the quality level these are at, I don't think anything touches it for the price.

9. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Nice jacket, GLWS

10. marmalademan

marmalademan Banned

how heavy is the leather sir, any idea?

11. danilo

danilo New in Town

It's definitely not thin, but it's not some hardcore leather... I'd say it's medium weight. Seems tough and will need some break in, but I think it's the kind of leather weight I'd want on a cafe racer.

12. danilo

danilo New in Town

bump just got back in town from the Rolex 24 @ Daytona. Can ship any time this week if someone's interested.

13. danilo

danilo New in Town

some interest but no money in hand yet, STILL AVAILABLE let's talk!

14. danilo

danilo New in Town

Still available, going on a trip soon would like to sell before. Make a reasonable offer.

15. danilo

danilo New in Town

bump still available. Will be back Friday can ship on Monday.

16. danilo

danilo New in Town

Back in town if anybody wants this can ship the next day. Don't be afraid to send a reasonable offer.

Also would consider a trade in size 38 if something's out there I like

17. danilo

danilo New in Town

Bump still available!!! Really would like to get this sold!

18. danilo

danilo New in Town

Bump still available, willing to negotiate some!

19. 2wheelgrplr

2wheelgrplr A-List Customer

This is so much like my Vanson Comet at less than half the cost. Nice deal, somebody just get it, spring is here and so is riding season!

20. danilo

danilo New in Town

YES! Very similar. Trust me, if it fit me better, I wouldn't put it for sale. Best jacket I've owned... just can't wear it :(