Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Branded Garments NYPD Police Jacket, sz. 42 - BNWT

Need someone to save me from keeping this. I don't need another leather jacket!

◀INFO▶
Branded Garments NYPD Police Patrolman's jacket in a size 42.

Mind-blowing quality. Seriously, I don't think I have ever came across anything like this. Ever! I had the same model by Vanson and it's inferior in both weight and construction.
Insane - and I really mean it - in-freaking-sane quality!

Made from an extremely heavy leather. Thicker than even what my Cal Leathers is made in. Not overly stiff but enough for the jacket to feel bulletproof. Just perfect.
Also, it's got that tea-core effect going on (visible only at a few places) as the black finish was applied over a bright red-brown hide. Safe to say, it's going to look out of this world with wear.

The quality of the jacket is only matched by its functionality. These jackets have always been among my favorite and because of the hand-warmers and the additional length, this one might possibly be the most practical leather jacket I have ever owned. Good for any situation life might throw your way. Some of the features are...

• Six pockets; two button closure chest pockets, two canvas lined hand-warmers and two deep vertical inside pockets, lined in heavy denim
• Insulated quilted lining (the sleeves are lined it as well) - very warm!
• Hidden storm cuffs
• Wind flap
• Side straps with an elastic band, adjustable by two snaps that reach all the way through the front panels, so the jacket always sits tight and where it should. Or you can just unsnap them altogether and the elastic band will pull and hide the straps inside the jacket - Feature intended with a holster in mind.
• Leather lined kidney panel
• Heavy, #10 Lenzip main zipper
• Etc.

◀CONDITION▶
I honestly believe it hasn't even been worn. Ever. Possibly just tried on a couple of times but I'd rate it as New. Looks, feels and smells new. Can't find a single reason to call it used.

◀SIZE▶
Size 42 and it fits true to size. Nothing over-sized about this jacket. Shapely, flattering fit. Fits me as if it was tailored for me.

The exact measurements are...
• Chest: 23" / 59 cm
• Shoulders: 19.5" / 49 cm
• Sleeves: 26.5" / 67 cm
• Back: 28" / 71 cm
...waist is fully adjustable so no reason to measure it.

◀PRICE▶
Firm $360. Paypal, F&F. Once you get the jacket, you'll realize you've bought an end-game piece basically for peanuts. I guarantee you that this jcaket cannot be outclassed. In a sane world, no repro or any other jacket on the market would cost more than this one.
I'll regret selling this jacket but if I keep it, I won't ever put on any of my cross-zips again. That's literally the only reason I want to move it. I'm selling an Aero HWM in another thread for twice as much money and honestly, next to this jacket, feels like I'm robbing someone. This is 10x better. No comparison. Best I stop rambling, tho.

IMG-20190311-163650.jpg

IMG-20190312-121354.jpg

IMG-20190312-121756.jpg

IMG-20190312-121546.jpg
IMG-20190312-121602.jpg

IMG-20190312-121617.jpg

IMG-20190312-121629-1.jpg

IMG-20190312-121813.jpg

IMG-20190312-121821-1.jpg

IMG-20190312-121827.jpg

IMG-20190312-121419-1.jpg

IMG-20190312-121458.jpg

IMG-20190312-121504.jpg

IMG-20190312-121514.jpg

IMG-20190312-121529.jpg

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, those Branded jackets are something. I had a CR and couldn't wear it, it was too stiff and the mandarin collar was too much for my neck to try to break in. I think that will not be a problem for this style. It's not for me, but I think it will be good for someone here who appreciates police jackets.

What a stunning jacket ... a size too small alas

10x more stunning IRL. :) Makes all of my other jackets look like they've been bought from Zara.

Oh that's nice. Unfortunately, I've already met my "Ivan told me to buy this jacket so I did" quota for the week...

Sell that one and buy this one. Happiness is included with this jacket. I guarantee it.

Yeah, those Branded jackets are something. I had a CR and couldn't wear it, it was too stiff and the mandarin collar was too much for my neck to try to break in. I think that will not be a problem for this style. It's not for me, but I think it will be good for someone here who appreciates police jackets.

This one isn't so stiff as the other cross zip I recently sold as the hide is more of a naked type but it's a seriously tough hide in any case. The jacket stands on its own. I love cop jackets and I want to keep this but I've got too many I want to keep and just wanna move this while it's still new. Can't wear it 'cause then it won't be new, can't keep it.

Glad to hear it arrived safely - and so quickly, too - and that you like it! Isn't it something else? Fits you perfect. Just occurred to me, I never even tried to unbutton the chest pockets. Maybe there's something valuable inside?

Out of curiosity, was the box opened at the customs? I'm always paranoid they'd cut the jacket with the scalpel while they're checking the content but... I'm not even sure they're doing that any longer.

Incredibly quick arrival. Faster than some of the packages I send and receive within the US. Crazy.

It is a great jacket and everything you said it would be. I can definitely cross this style jacket off my wish list. The fit is great and I will be taking the jacket on a work trip to Richmond and upper VA in early April.

I will check the buttons. If there is a jackpot-winning lotto ticket you will get a cut.

The box was not opened. There was a puncture of the box that scared me at first, but then I saw how you wrapped the actual jacket and was immediately at ease. Thanks for that. The jacket was wrapped tighter than Bela Lugosi's Mummy. For something to have happened to the jacket would have been incredibly bad luck.

Incredibly quick arrival. Faster than some of the packages I send and receive within the US. Crazy.

It is a great jacket and everything you said it would be. I can definitely cross this style jacket off my wish list. The fit is great and I will be taking the jacket on a work trip to Richmond and upper VA in early April.

I will check the buttons. If there is a jackpot-winning lotto ticket you will get a cut.

The box was not opened. There was a puncture of the box that scared me at first, but then I saw how you wrapped the actual jacket and was immediately at ease. Thanks for that. The jacket was wrapped tighter than Bela Lugosi's Mummy. For something to have happened to the jacket would have been incredibly bad luck.

Might just end up being the only jacket you'll be wearing. At least one you'll discover you're wearing most often. This style is super versatile and with the addition of this warm, quilted lining, it'd be hard to match it. This is one jacket I believe is worth its price-tag, whatever it originally was. Lifetime piece.

Argh, I miss it already... Good thing you bought it as quickly as you did. I'd probably change my mind in the long run and keep it.

And yeah, shipping these things the right way is extremely important to me. Man, last three jackets I bought all arrived only in a nylon bag. One was half torn open but luckily, nothing happened to the jacket. But yeah, that's completely unacceptable and something I'd never do.

I was updating my leather jacket log and noticed that this one is my 3d heaviest jacket, just behind the LW CHP and one of CL LAPDs. This one is deceptively heavy, like the Schott/Legendary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points