Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: C.P. Company leather jacket & 1956 U.S. Navy G-1 flight jacket

zretineo1979

New in Town
Hello! Thank you for looking at my listing. Today I have for your consideration, a CP Company leather jacket. As well as a 1956 U.S. Navy bureau of Aeronautics G-1 flight jacket. First, I will describe the CP company.
Although it looks vintage, some of the details i.e. the collar, etc. Set It apart. The only reason I am selling it is, my desire to purchase an Irvin jacket. It says that it is a size 48. it fits me well, I am 6 foot one, and 180 pounds. It is a vintage jacket that has been worn, but exceptionally well taken care of. Leather jackets from CP Company are very expensive, they have three in their 2013 lineup right now. They range from $1600 to $2500.
I do not have a date as to how old this jacket is, but I would guess it to be post 2000. I am asking $800 for this fine jacket. I have taken many pictures of this jacket, with me wearing them in a few. I would be willing to entertain offers, as, I have spotted in Irvin jacket on fedoras classified for sale that interests me. Let's chat! I'm Sure we can come to an agreement.
Next, I have an original U.S. Navy bureau of Aeronautics flight jacket intermediate G – 1. it was made by the Ralph Edwards sportswear. it's specification is MIL – J – 7823 (AER) it is a size 36. it is in great condition for a 1956 jacket. The cuffs still have the elastic in them. There is one spot on the right-hand side collar that has been worn. Have taken a picture of it in the photo bucket album. There is very minimal leatherwear or chafing to speak of. There is one small spot of tear in the bottom elastic cuff around the waist. I have taken close-ups of this jacket in the photo bucket. Again, the reason I am selling this jacket is, I have found an Irvin jacket that Interests me here on Fedora. I am asking $225. Again, I am open to offers on this fine jacket. Collectively, my hope is to get into the jacket that has peaked my interest. Let us chat and see what type of an agreement we can come too!

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/zretineo/library/

image_zpsa1c2fecf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zps34ffd1a5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

BRJACKET

New in Town
I just wanted to post that the OP is a good person. I have seen the CP jacket . It is a really nice jacket. I am 6'-2" and weight about 200 pounds. It is a little small on me. I hope that helps people gauge the size. I haven't seen the other but it looks pretty nice in the photos.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Man, I'd be all over that Ralph Edwards if it were a few sizes bigger. That's an I credibly reasonable price in what looks to be excellent original condition. Good luck man!

zretineo1979

New in Town
Thank you so much for your encouragement! Yes, it is a great G–1. I found two tags that went with the jacket in the front pockets. I'm going to guess that one does not normally find manufacturing tags still in the pockets! How rare is that!
image_zps07a7c14f.jpg

chamboid

One of the Regulars
could be interested in the g-1. what with the right collar though? odd colour to it where it's worn?

zretineo1979

New in Town
could be interested in the g-1. what with the right collar though? odd colour to it where it's worn?
Thank you for your interest! I have checked the collar thoroughly, it's definitely original to the jacket. It is also very consistent in color and density throughout. To be honest, I don't see any area in person that looks worn. Hope that helps you! Again, thank you for your interest!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Cham, I don't know if this will fit you but it'd definitely work well in your collection :)

chamboid

One of the Regulars
If it's a 36 like the Cag I got sent to you Bret it's a good fit, Ralph Edwards and Cagleco are the same brand after all. The area of wear wasn't on the collar but just next to the zip on the leather, looks greenish and worn? In the photo bucket pics there's a close up.

zretineo1979

New in Town
Hi guys! Hope your well, weekend fire sale!!! dropping the c.p. To $450shipped, the G-1 to $175 shipped. it's getting cold here today, figured I'd start a fire to get warm! (And buy a different coat!) I will guarantee these purchases, if you don't like it, or feel it's not for you after seeing it in person, I will give full refund! ( minus return shipping etc.) have a great weekend, and stay warm! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy