Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Cal-Leather With Mouton Collar Size S/M

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars

Kinda/sorta catch and release. Ebay link has all the pictures.
I bought this jacket at the end of December and think it's exceptional. Problem is, I was mostly interested in it for a pseudo-aviator style with the mouton collar and I recently caught a great deal on a Sheeley Monarch so this is just extraneous. The removable fur-collar is in stellar shape for this jacket. One caveat, and the reason I'm willing to take a loss on this jacket if you happened to catch it in the finds and deals thread is that there is definitely a musty smell and I noticed some white spots under the lapels that I've since wiped off. I've aired it out and cleaned it a couple times now and while there are no longer any visible spots I know the smell may be scary to certain buyers. I'd take $150 shipped in the CONUS if you want to make a deal on this site but feel free to dm me on Ebay and let me know you're from here if you want the same deal there.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Okay, just added the measurement photos I had. P2P is about 21 inches, probably best for a size 38 though a 40 could certainly make it work. Let me know if you need other measurements.

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
I could be interested if you’d ship to Europe…

Apart from possible mould/mildew any other info on condition? I see all the belt loops have been cut off. Any other damage? All zips and snaps present/in good condition/work normally? Lining inc sleeves all fine? No holes/tears? And any loose stitching/seams inside or out?

Plus some more measurements may help Ie:

- Length down centre back from seam where collar joins back?
- sleeve length shoulder seam to cuff following curve on outside?
- waist (length across lower hem) both with laces fully tight and laces fully relaxed with jacket zipped up
- shoulder seam to seam across back
- shoulder seam to seam across front

thanks and GLWS!

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Hi @yellowfever, here's some quick and dirty measurements I took.

Length down the back all the way to the end of the tail flap: 26.25"

hem measurement, laced up just about all the way (basically how I've been wearing it): 16.5"

shoulders, top of the seams, back: 19"

shoulders, top of the seams, front: 19", maybe 19.2"

As far as condition goes, no tears in the lining or the leather, seams haven't separated anywhere, and no ugly scuffs either. All zippers work. The jacket shows its age in the way of graining and the top coat rubbing off a bit in high-friction areas, but I'm hesitant to guess its age. Main zip is a Serval, all others are Talons.

Have to step away for a bit but if I remember sometime later today or tomorrow I'll get the unlaced hem measurement. I could be interested in shipping to Europe, DM me and we'll try to work out the details if you want.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
No worries, after owning one for a month I can confirm Cals deserve their reputation. Despite that I was still surprised to see this one go so quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21