FS: Cal Leathers CHP (Louis the Tailor Tag) Size 40 - $150 Shipped OBO

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by JMax, May 18, 2020.

1. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

Cal Leathers CHP (Straight-zip) Police Jacket. Approx. Size 40 (see measurements).

Asking $150 shipped CONUS. PP F&F

P2P: 21.5"
    S2S: 18.5"
    Sleeve: 24"
    Length: 23.5"

The leather is beautiful. I had this jacket displayed in my office and it always led to interesting conversations. It can be worn as-is, no question. There are some things I need to point out. The issues partially explain the low price, but I also prefer to sell here so have priced it accordingly.

All Serval zips, except one sleeve zip replaced with YKK. Please note some fraying at bottom of main zip but it still works. Collar is missing one of the snaps for the mouton attachment, which I do not have. See pics, some verdigris where the missing snap was located-- very easy to clean off. I usually then apply some wax to the area to keep it from coming back. No biggie but obvious in pictures. The collar is very well used but with care should be okay for a while.

I have tried to capture the beauty of the jacket along with the small issues. Thanks for looking.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 12.jpg

More pics to follow

2. JMax

Forgot to mention but a small tear in the lining by the collar. See pic.

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg
    Jacket can be worn or become part of one's vintage collection. I spoke with Gwen at CL and she confirmed this jacket is a Cal with the Louis label. Offers welcome. Thanks again.

AbbaDatDeHat and ton312 like this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

You answered my question before I could ask it! Always wondered the relationship between Louis the Tailor and CAL. Pretty rare with that tag. I’ve only seen one or two others. Cool jacket. Beautiful HH.

JMax likes this.
  4. Will Zach

Will Zach Practically Family

Such a beautiful hide. Somebody should grab it - instant cool factor for $150-freaking-shipped!!!

ton312 and JMax like this.
  5. JMax

It is beautiful and rare.

If I decide to put it on eBay it will be for much more. I figured some of the collector’s here would appreciate it and I’m paying it forward. Or someone who it fits can enjoy the heck out of it. The issues can be fixed by your gal Dena(?) rather easily too.

AbbaDatDeHat and ton312 like this.
  6. Kunja

Kunja One of the Regulars

Now that is patina! Looks great. If I hadn't already purchased the Eagleson's from you I'd grab this one. It will probably be a slightly better fit.

JMax likes this.
  7. oskar

oskar New in Town

Omg, it is so cool, makes me angry that it doenst fit me XD

JMax likes this.
  8. JMax

Note: Wear in lining along the mouton-lined cuffs. Still wearable but wanted to point it out. Typical cuff, mouton, and lining wear found on most of these old Cals.

9. JMax

Sold.

AbbaDatDeHat and Kunja like this.