Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Cal Leathers CHP (Louis the Tailor Tag) Size 40 - $150 Shipped OBO

Cal Leathers CHP (Straight-zip) Police Jacket. Approx. Size 40 (see measurements).

Asking $150 shipped CONUS. PP F&F

P2P: 21.5"
S2S: 18.5"
Sleeve: 24"
Length: 23.5"

The leather is beautiful. I had this jacket displayed in my office and it always led to interesting conversations. It can be worn as-is, no question. There are some things I need to point out. The issues partially explain the low price, but I also prefer to sell here so have priced it accordingly.

All Serval zips, except one sleeve zip replaced with YKK. Please note some fraying at bottom of main zip but it still works. Collar is missing one of the snaps for the mouton attachment, which I do not have. See pics, some verdigris where the missing snap was located-- very easy to clean off. I usually then apply some wax to the area to keep it from coming back. No biggie but obvious in pictures. The collar is very well used but with care should be okay for a while.

I have tried to capture the beauty of the jacket along with the small issues. Thanks for looking.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
12.jpg

More pics to follow

Forgot to mention but a small tear in the lining by the collar. See pic.

8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg

Jacket can be worn or become part of one's vintage collection. I spoke with Gwen at CL and she confirmed this jacket is a Cal with the Louis label. Offers welcome. Thanks again.

You answered my question before I could ask it! Always wondered the relationship between Louis the Tailor and CAL. Pretty rare with that tag. I’ve only seen one or two others. Cool jacket. Beautiful HH.

It is beautiful and rare.

If I decide to put it on eBay it will be for much more. I figured some of the collector’s here would appreciate it and I’m paying it forward. Or someone who it fits can enjoy the heck out of it. The issues can be fixed by your gal Dena(?) rather easily too.

Kunja

Practically Family
Now that is patina! Looks great. If I hadn't already purchased the Eagleson's from you I'd grab this one. It will probably be a slightly better fit.

Note: Wear in lining along the mouton-lined cuffs. Still wearable but wanted to point it out. Typical cuff, mouton, and lining wear found on most of these old Cals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points