Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Dave Sheeley Monarch

cdallas

One of the Regulars
For sale is a Horsehide Sheeley Monarch tagged size 44. Unfortunately it fits closer to a 42 and is too small on me. Great shape and a beautifully made jacket. $700 Papal F&F US shipping included.
Measurements:
Pit to Pit - 23
Shoulders - 19
Back - 25
Sleeves - 26

001(70).jpg

001(69).jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
For sale is a Horsehide Sheeley Monarch tagged size 44. Unfortunately it fits closer to a 42 and is too small on me. Great shape and a beautifully made jacket. $700 Papal F&F US shipping included.
Measurements:
Pit to Pit - 23
Shoulders - 19
Back - 25
Sleeves - 26

001(70).jpg

001(69).jpg
I would love one of these a little bigger p to p.
GLWS

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Question:

Can you do a pic of the jacket open, want to see the lining?

Does the zipper have a Talon Sunrise stop box? I think I can see this. Is this an original or repro?

cdallas

One of the Regulars
Terry - Below is a picture of the lining. Heavy Pendleton. The zipper has a sunrise stop box which looks to be vintage but I believe it was put on a new zipper. The pull is also original vintage talon. I can get a picture for you when I get home.

001(67).jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
In this alum are pictures of the original Monarch with the California Sportswear label. This was the incorrect label identified by Dave Sheeley. I took these pictures years ago. What you see is the same jacket pictured for sale but the original.

https://goo.gl/photos/N1sZp3yPueWGxyiN7

Not for sale. Just showing what Dave created. The original is as fine a half-belt as your can find. Much nicer than the 30s Iconic Hercules made by Monarch. it is as if they had the design figured out. The Monarch tailoring is seen throughout Dave's jacket. I remember corresponding with him over other Monarchs I owned, sending pictures/measurements, then just sent him the jackets!

Dave could have made any jackets he wanted, but he chose Monarch for all of it's construction details that set it apart from other makers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB