Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Diamond Dave "Combat Clone" A-2 size 38 - $725

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
I don’t like letting this go, but the closet’s getting full and gotta make the hard choices.

This is a great reproduction WWII Aero A-2 Contract No. 21996 in a tagged size 38. It was put out by Diamond Clothing in conjunction with Good Wear Leather. Leather is russet steer hide with the “combat clone” finish. For licensing purposes, the maker’s name on the label is “Acme” instead of Aero. I picked this beauty up second-hand earlier this year and have never worn it. Below is the description of the jacket at the time I bought it and I can verify that all is stated accurately.

“The jacket is almost brand new, having been worn four times outside since I purchased it new in March, 2015. The jacket is made of steer hide and is still in need of being broken in. There are no scuffs, tears or smells to the jacket. There is a slight stain on the liner from varnish that was there when I purchased it new from Diamond Clothing. It does not, however, detract from the beautiful appearance of the jacket since it cannot be seen while being worn.”

Measurements:

Shoulders: 17.5”
Pit-to-pit (front): 20.75”
Windflap: 23.25”
Back length (including waistband): 25”
Sleeve Length: 23.5”

For reference, I am 5’7, 140 lbs. with average length arms and torso. I would not recommend this to someone taller than me.

Price is $725 plus shipping. If this fits you, I would jump on this, as these cost over $1000 new, and this is your chance to pick one up on the cheap.

Please ask any and all questions before purchasing, as I cannot accept returns on this item.

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
Ha! Sorry to hear that, Bighatlaw. I'm surprised someone has jumped on this yet. Surely, there are some 38's out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points