Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Duluth Trading Company AWOL bag

Kodiak

A-List Customer
This really is a great bag - I was initially pretty reluctant to part with it. I've owned the AWOL bag for about five years. I've carried it on and off for most of them, but it's been gathering dust in my closet for about a year and a half now, and I think it's time I find the bag a new home.

As you can see in the photos, the bag has a heavy-duty YKK zipper and functional buckled straps (as opposed to magnetic or snap fasteners). I think this is a great feature on the bag that makes it much more authentic than other options. It opens like a vintage doctor's bag, and that width is quite functional for quick packing.

IMG_0562.jpg

Front view, with the Duluth label showing.

IMG_0563.jpg

Back.

IMG_0561.jpg

The closed top.

IMG_0564.jpg

Open, showing the "doctor's bag" feature and the plaid lining. This lining is slightly cut on the inside (I couldn't get a good angle for a photo), creating a small compartment that I used to store a small amount of emergency cash and a copy of my passport. It could be easily stitched back to original condition, but I think it adds some functionality to the bag. Aside from this, the only damage is a bit of wear on the straps, carrying handles, and bottom corners - in my opinion a sign that leather really does get better with age.

I initially used it as a carry-on during a month-long trip around Western Europe. It has more than enough space for a couple of changes of clothes and looks really excellent. I've never carried it without getting a least a couple of compliments. Unfortunately, I tend to travel a bit lighter these days, and I've managed to let this bag slip out of my rotation.

Asking price is $180 (shipped in the CONUS). I'd like to sell the bag by this Monday if possible, so that I can drop it in mail before heading back to school in DC. If you're interested but think I'm steep on the price, shoot me a message and I'll work with you to find one that works for both of us.

Thanks for looking,

Andrew

Edward

Bartender
Glad it found a new home- lovely looking bag. Words cannot adequately express how nice it is to see a modern production bag with real buckles instead of those ghastly imitation efforts you see on everything now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana