Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Early 80s horsehide Averix A-2 (40R) - great shape

Bilbe

New in Town
Okay, I'm giving up on eBay. I have early 80's horsed Averix A-2 (size 40R). I’m asking $149 including shipping to the lower 48, but I will consider offers.

Back in ’82 or ’83, I wanted a horsehide jacket, but couldn't find one so I had to special order it. It's just a standard 40R that's made of horsehide. The only thing that's "wrong" with the jacket is that the tongue of the zipper is a paperclip. It works fine. I shaped it to look like it's supposed to, but it's not the original.

I'm selling it because I'm just never going to fit comfortably in it again and I want to buy a 42R of something similar.

Measurements:
Shoulder (from shoulder hem to shoulder hem, laid flat) – 20”
Chest (from armpit to armpit, laid flat) – 21.5”
Sleeve (from shoulder hem to end of sleeve) – 24.5”
Length (from top of collar to bottom of jacket) – 24.5”

Feel free to ask questions and if you'd like more photos, just let me know what you want to see.

Thanks for looking. Bill B.

vintageav-1229996691-433.jpg

vintageav-1229996691-436.jpg

vintageav-1229996691-434.jpg

vintageav-1229996691-435.jpg

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I don't know what's wrong with folk! These are terrific little jackets.

I predict they will become cult objects for budget conscious 'jacketeers' - see the 'Orphan A-2 Jacket' thread elsewhere.

I've owned a similar one for 27 years and would recommend it to anyone.

Bassman

A-List Customer
Same here. I've got an early '80s Avirex G-2 and a B-3 (size 42, posted here in the classifieds) that I would still wear, but they don't fit me any longer.

Bilbe

New in Town
Mailing to Sweden

I will check into shipping costs to Sweden. I've never done it and am not sure exactly what it involves, e.g., how duty charges work. I won't be able to check until next Tuesday though. I'm going to be out of town until then.

Tack!

--Bill B.

Bilbe

New in Town
Shipping to Sweden

Scorpio1972 said:
Would you ship it to Sweden?

I talked to my upstairs neighbor who is starting up her own eBay business. She said she would be glad to take care of the shipping and all the details if you are interested. If you email your email, I'll put you in contact with her. My email is bilbe@me.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany