Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS : Eastman A-2 Star Sportswear 28557 sz 40

Flightengineer

Practically Family
My beloved Eastman Star Sportswear is looking for a new home.

I bought this jacket in 2018 and this Star was definitely the star of my jacket collection, it's a great repro from the first league manufacturer that needs no further introduction.
According to info Kevin from ELC this jacket was made by a machinist Helen Haveron on 29th November 2014, so we even know the birthday of this beauty and her mother's name.
A new one, as you probably know, costs £1,099 (€1,310).

I've worn it enough, even use on technical flights - this A-2 has flown about 50 hours on my heavy transport aircraft, so it's a real flight jacket.
Unfortunately a year without flying has added a bit of weight to me and it doesn't fit me as well as I want.

The incredible ELC Warhorse leather and wear make it similar to the originals. The jacket is in good condition,the leather is undamaged, soft and supple, the knitwear nice, the flimsy ELC cuffs were professionally replaced with the same color from Larry a year ago and they are new, perfect and elastic. On the shoulder is an exact copy of an early " stubby winged " version of the 8th AAF patch by Steve from Hornbeammilitaria from UK.
There is some wear and tiny micro flaws on the liner in the collar area, as is usually the case with the A2, there are also a few needlef micro punctures above the patch, but they are almost invisible to the naked eye and never bothered me.
In appearance, this jacket was mistaken for a well-preserved original several times.

Pics :

6adb0cd4c22b.jpg

Measurements:

Pit to pit 53 cm / 21"
Sleeve 63cm/24 7/8"
Shoulders (back) 43.5 cm / 17"
Back length including waistband 63 cm / 24 7/8"
Jacket weight 1.540 kg / 3.4 lbs

Here are some fit pics when my weight was 76-77 kg (170 lb.), chest 100 cm (39"), 180 cm (5'11") heigh, trim build,no belly.

Asking price PP F&F 650 EU / $730 + shipping (please PM for clarification, depends on the country, the approximate shipping cost by regular mail is about 40 EU to Europe and about $70 - 80 to US).

Last edited:

Eadmr04

New in Town
My beloved Eastman Star Sportswear is looking for a new home.

I bought this jacket in 2018 and this Star was definitely the star of my jacket collection, it's a great repro from the first league manufacturer that needs no further introduction.
According to info Kevin from ELC this jacket was made by a machinist Helen Haveron on 29th November 2014, so we even know the birthday of this beauty and her mother's name.
A new one, as you probably know, costs £1,099 (€1,310).

I've worn it enough, even use on technical flights - this A-2 has flown about 50 hours on my heavy transport aircraft, so it's a real flight jacket.
Unfortunately a year without flying has added a bit of weight to me and it doesn't fit me as well as I want.

The incredible ELC Warhorse leather and wear make it similar to the originals. The jacket is in good condition,the leather is undamaged, soft and supple, the knitwear nice, the flimsy ELC cuffs were professionally replaced with the same color from Larry a year ago and they are new, perfect and elastic. On the shoulder is an exact copy of an early " stubby winged " version of the 8th AAF patch by Steve from Hornbeammilitaria from UK.
There is some wear and tiny micro flaws on the liner in the collar area, as is usually the case with the A2, there are also a few needlef micro punctures above the patch, but they are almost invisible to the naked eye and never bothered me.
In appearance, this jacket was mistaken for a well-preserved original several times.

Pics :

6adb0cd4c22b.jpg

Measurements:

Pit to pit 53 cm / 21"
Sleeve 63cm/24 7/8"
Shoulders (back) 43.5 cm / 17"
Back length including waistband 63 cm / 24 7/8"
Jacket weight 1.540 kg / 3.4 lbs

Here are some fit pics when my weight was 76-77 kg (170 lb.), chest 100 cm (39"), 180 cm (5'11") heigh, trim build,no belly.

Asking price PP F&F 650 EU / $730 + shipping (please PM for clarification, depends on the country, the approximate shipping cost by regular mail is about 40 EU to Europe and about $70 - 80 to US).
Is this still available

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner