FS / FT: 1950's Stetson 3X Beaver Open Road - 7 3/8 LO

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by J Williams, Jan 9, 2021.

1. J Williams

J Williams Practically Family

Selling or trading a near mint 3X Open Road I believe it to be mid 1950's - Stars in the sweat, maple leaf on the liner, plastic liner tip. It has the original wind trolley and is on the darker side for silverbelly.

Brim at 2 3/4 - Open crown at 5 1/2

The felt has a nice hand and is in near perfect condition. The crown is fairly soft and shapeable and the brim is decently stiff, I believe partially due to the the fact it has seen very little wear.

Sweatband is soft and supple.

$225.00 USD + Shipping. Since I'm in Canada I will have to quote shipping on an individual basis. It's usually around $30.00

Open to reasonable offers - For trade I'm more interested in westerns - 3x6 or bigger from a similar era.

IMG_3272.jpg IMG_3274.jpg IMG_3275.jpg IMG_3276.jpg IMG_3277.jpg IMG_3278.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  2. vincent stuart

vincent stuart Familiar Face

Hello John, we are almost neighbours I live in Burnaby. Late 50 s, most likely early 60 s thinking about it

3. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Nice hat nice price no my size

4. DBA MD DLFAPA1948

DBA MD DLFAPA1948 New in Town

Might you be interested in a 7 1/4 4x Black Stetson in very good-excellent condition purchased from Peters in Phoenix Arizona about 30 years ago. It has a teardrop crown and curled western 3 inch brim. I passed it over to our son who most probably has no use and it will remain in the box. It is a beautiful hat but I am now a 59-60 cm size now and for me who doesn’t do ranch work, it feels presumptuous to wear such a magnificent piece of western wear. Head sizes grow and occupations change. Wore it at poker games. The sweat band is a bit cracked as I recall. Odd since it was only worn less than 10 times. Anyhow wishing you health and safety.

5. J Williams

No I'm sorry. I'm only really interested in anything early 1960's or earlier. I also wear a 7 3/8 Long Oval so a 7 1/4 won't work for me.

DBA MD DLFAPA1948 likes this.
  6. J Williams

SOLD

7. Ormazd

Ormazd One of the Regulars

Great looking hat. Well done.