Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Hardwood Rounding Jack/brim trimmer

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
This is a hand made rounding jack for cutting down the brims on felt hats, similar to the ones used back in the old days... my brother made this out of hardwood. Goes out to 5 3/8 in brim size. This jack takes the snap off type of razor blade, you stick it in the slot and wedge in the little wood piece (wood wedge might need to be replaced as it has worn a little thinner and may no longer hold in the blade, easy fix!). Any questions feel free to send me a message!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hat-Brim-Tr...-/271135178934?pt=US_Hats&hash=item3f20ea80b6

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Very nice brim cutter, makes me think do I want to grab it? Not sure about your price.....(not seeing one)....lol!

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
It's on Ebay, sorry, I forgot to put that in the description, corrected above. Since nobody has bid on it yet I can end it for $20.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez, it is true what Bond has stated, to even make something as nice as that would cost much more than a mere 20 bucks! Aside from that, you can tell by looking at it, it will do what it was made to do and for working on a fedora or doing a conversion, what a deal! I see someone has bid, I may myself but would not desire to step on anyone's toes about it,...(well not too much) EW weeeeee haaaw! lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner