Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Himel Bros Heron (Bison) A-1/Cossack-style Leather Jacket; Size 42-44; Dark Brown Goatskin

AMan

New in Town
For sale is a Himel Brothers Bison Leather Jacket in dark brown goatskin. This jacket is a Himel Heron with a slightly smaller collar and smaller pockets, which is true to the way these jackets actually were in the 1920s and 1930s. (See the Levi's Einstein jacket for another example.) Tag size is 42, but this style runs large according to Himel's website, so it may fit you if you are a true 44. It currently costs $2,250 to buy this jacket new in this leather. This jacket is used, but in perfect condition with no visible flaws. The goat has not been broken in as you can see.

I'm asking $975 shipped CONUSA, via Paypal, net of fees, OBO.

K00NpGu.jpg

• Dark Brown Goatskin sourced from India
  • Two patch pockets, and one zippered breast pocket with chain pull.
  • Light brown contrast stitching, which is laser straight everywhere as you can see.
  • Olive Twill body lining with black cotton sleeve lining (maybe drill?)
  • Cloth inside pocket
  • 1930s old stock fisheye buttons
  • Throat latch
  • D-ring side adjusters
  • One piece back
Measurements:

Measurements seem pretty close to those on Himel's website, which leads me to believe this is a stock 42 Bison. I've taken my own measurements here as best I can, but they are just a guide so don't kill me if they are slightly off. All measurements were made with a cloth tape.
  • 23 1/4" pit to pit.
  • 24 5/8" bottom hem to bottom of collar along back.
  • 26 1/8" bottom hem to top of collar.
  • 18" across the shoulders, measured from corner to corner where shoulders seam joins sleeve seam straight across the back.
  • 26 1/8" along the top edge of the sleeve, from the shoulder seam to the end of the cuff.
  • As you can see the front scallops downwards slightly, making the front, at its longest, 1.5" longer than the back.
gw2qKtZ.jpg

The color is a challenge to accurately capture, so I've taken photos in various lighting conditions so you can see. It's a dark brown color, which looks dark brown indoors, but reveals some burgundy tones in direct sun, so it may be somewhat of a seal color. Full imgur album is here.
wtwcoSb.jpg
tw4HNdE.jpg
TNM3z9A.jpg

I have made one purchase from Lounge member TMitchell59 (BK Badalassi Cossack) as well as sold a studded Hercules leather jacket last year to a happy buyer.

Description from Himel's website: The Bison A-1 Cossack jacket is based on the Heron model. We named it after the famed herds of buffalo that roamed North America ...We designed it based on the much more typical design of A-1's from the 1920's and 1930's with a narrower collar and smaller patch pockets. Lining options are Provincial tartans of cotton flannel or twills. Buttons are 1930's old stock fisheye.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Nice, I like this one better than the black I sold. I do like the pocket. Those numbers would be a better fit than the one I had to and it was a 42. I think the goat hide is a more traditional leather than the horsehide for these jackets

AMan

New in Town
Yes, the goat definitely drapes nicely. It keeps the wind out but is light and flexible from the moment you put it on. It fulfills the whole low-fi sporting windbreaker thing that these jackets were originally used for much better than the horsehide we often see these jackets in.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Great Jacket! Might be a bit too small for me. I have a Heron-Shinki 44 that I treasure. Its numbers are:

P to P 24”
Shoulder 19”
Sleeve 26”
Back 25.75

I like the weight of goat. Love the Heron. Comparing numbers.

Very cool jacket!

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Very nice indeed. Had I not recently bought a Dustbowl, I'd be really interested.
Good luck with the sale - it's a great jacket for the price.

AMan

New in Town
Hello everyone. Price drop to $800 shipped CONUSA. Will only be selling until the end of the weekend at which point it will no longer be for sale, so if you want it, let me know!

Also, amend my sleeve measurements to 25.75.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I really like this jacket. So here's a bump to the top. It may be sold or taken off the market. I could understand either.

Are you keeping the BK?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21