Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS - John Lofgren Black Shinki Horsebutt Wabash Engineer boots 10D

Wood Worker

New in Town
Hi everyone - I've got a pair of Lofgren Shinkis for sale. Low use (less than 20 times). Love these boots so much but I have a very low volume foot and the taller heel makes my foot slide forward with every step and my toes hit the front. Anyway - got these from standard and strange - they are beautiful and I'm sad to get rid of them. $900 shipped CONUS - will entertain offers. DM ME - thanks!

Attachments

• tempImagersSSwI.png
    tempImagersSSwI.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 224
  • tempImageUDj9LI.png
    tempImageUDj9LI.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 222
  • tempImageEwAtcS.png
    tempImageEwAtcS.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 213
  • tempImageeWcfyC.png
    tempImageeWcfyC.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 209
  • tempImageRnImal.png
    tempImageRnImal.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 186
  • tempImageSmPxef.png
    tempImageSmPxef.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 221

Observe

One Too Many
Have you tried any inserts or punching extra holes in the strap? I have the same low instep issue as you and this has worked for me for engineer boots in the past. However, solving one problem can sometimes create another, so perhaps you are best off selling. Good luck with the sale.

Wood Worker

New in Town
Have you tried any inserts or punching extra holes in the strap? I have the same low instep issue as you and this has worked for me for engineer boots in the past. However, solving one problem can sometimes create another, so perhaps you are best off selling. Good luck with the sale.
thanks - yeah, I didn't want to mess with them but the thought crossed my mind. I ended up going with a low block engineer (flat head) and they fit great with no sliding on the step.

Observe

One Too Many
thanks - yeah, I didn't want to mess with them but the thought crossed my mind. I ended up going with a low block engineer (flat head) and they fit great with no sliding on the step.
The flat head engineers have a lower instep? That's good to know. Unfortunately I am a size 12 and they only seem to go to 11.

Wood Worker

New in Town
The flat head engineers have a lower instep? That's good to know. Unfortunately I am a size 12 and they only seem to go to 11.
The flat heads do feel a little more narrow through the mid-foot. But the lower heel (sorry not block heel because it does have a logger like profile) prevents my foot from sliding forward. That said I think the lightens look a little sleeker.

Wood Worker

New in Town
The flat heads do feel a little more narrow through the mid-foot. But the lower heel (sorry not block heel because it does have a logger like profile) prevents my foot from sliding forward. That said I think the lightens look a little sleeker.
Lofgrens not lightens - autocorrect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112