Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Navy, pinstriped DB suit, 1949+

anon`

One Too Many
Well, I've finally acquired enough pre-War suits to shift my wardrobe focus accordingly, and can start releasing later examples back into the wild, such as this one here.

I'm no photographer, and the pictures I took really show it all too well: not a one of them does the jacket justice and only one really give you a decent idea of colour. So I hope you all will trust me when I say that it's a very dark navy in a fairly hard worsted with equally hard (off?)white pinstripes spaced about ½" apart.

It's structurally intact, but for some damage to the waistband (a couple a brace buttons pulled out due to fatigue on the fibres of the band itself). These were professionally repaired and haven't cause trouble since. The tailor who did this repair has done a similar one on another pair of trousers that I wear far more often and it's held up wonderfully on those. I expect that these repairs will do likewise.

There is, perhaps, ½" that can be let out of the sleeve cuffs. The trousers are cuffed, but it's a false one and I'm not optimistic that you'd get any more length out of these trousers without going to a plain hem. Both the jacket and the trousers are at their limit for girth.

Label on the jacket reads "Burshire Clothes/exclusive at/The Leader/Men's Store/Bremerton. Wash".

All measurements were taken with the garment flat. Buttons, where applicable, were closed. So please, double them where appropriate.

Jacket
Chest: 22.5"
Waist: 20.5"
Length, neck-to-hem: 30"
Length, sleeve: 25.5"
Shoulders: 18"

Trousers
Waist: 17.5"
Outseam: 43.5"
Inseam: 32"
Width, knee: 12"
Width, cuff: 9.5"

Asking $50, plus whatever it costs to ship (will fit in a flat rate box). If you're in the Portland Metro area, I'd be glad to deliver in person. Rather than spam this thread with excessive numbers of large photos, I'll just link you to my Picasa account to view for yourselves, if interested.

About the most honest shot I could get of the jacket. Shows the cut well enough, but is very much not true to the colour.
Union label. Not sure if this one is pre- or post-62.
Inside of waistband. This is, perhaps, the best shot showing the colour of the fabric.
Repair work done to the waistband.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you're interested! =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot