Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Original B-15A Flight Jacket (Size 38R) - $315 OBO

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
And the thinning of the jacket herd continues….

This is a nice original wartime B-15A put out by Reed Products. Not mint by any means, but very wearable and a decent candidate for restoration. I particularly like this jacket for its aged coloration and the way it drapes—not too puffy on the torso as these models sometimes are. Acquired this some time back with plans to wear, but I habitually turn to other jackets, so it must go.

Condition:
Wear to sleeves near wristlets (typical trouble area for this model). Wristlets and waistband are pretty worn out with some crude repairs done at one time or another. Wear to out edges of windflap and high friction areas throughout. Shell in pretty good shape with no major issues. Zipper work fine. The original airman’s name is written on the inside of the windflap in big black lettering. Mutton collar is a lovely faded vintage shade with only some slight balding in the center and near some of the edges (only really noticeable if you’re looking for it).

For what it’s worth, I’ve contacted Eastman Leather Clothing and they said they can provide replacement B-15 knits and a piece of twill fabric used on their reproduction model to be used for repair and patches on this jacket. Shoot them an email regarding that.

Overall, this is a great looking vintage jacket and it deserves a good home. Asking $315 plus shipping costs. See pics for details and please ask any and all questions before purchasing, as I don’t take returns on the vintage clothing items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points